Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers. - Page 3

Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers.

This is a discussion on Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers. within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by fsmith2537 Can not believe that those who have had the update do not see any problem. I do not drive like a ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers.

  1. #21
    RAM Jr Member Lovelybrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    40594
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsmith2537 View Post
    Can not believe that those who have had the update do not see any problem. I do not drive like a teenager. I'm 73 yrs old and like to save fuel so I drive VERY conservative. That said, after I had the update applied, I have NO response for 3-5 secs. after starting out from a full stop; engine cold or hot. It acts like the engine is flooded out and just not getting any fuel or to much to handle. After that, it does at least try to get out of its own way.

    You guys who are saying you see no difference either had a bad ECM to start with or something is definitely different that what some of us are experiencing. This is just totally unacceptable. I would never have bought a truck that performs like this. I've had under-powered cars/trucks before, but that was what I bought and what I expected. THIS IS NOT!

    I will find a way to get FCA to get this back to what it was and I don't see why I should have to purchase a GDE tune for $2000 to get back to what I originally purchased.

    Go ahead and tell me its all "butt" feeling and I'd be glad to drive to wherever you are in the country and have you drive it. If yours drives better then there MUST be something going on with the tunes that we are not getting on all the trucks.
    Same exact experience with my truck. I took it in today and said fix it. I dont want to see it again until it returns to the truck I bought. I dont know why so many are resigned to their truck getting so impacted. Thanks
    red-f40 and boocoodinkydow like this.

  2. #22
    RAM Sr Member RamCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    100
    Member #
    6747
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    31 times
    As for timeline I registered in early May. Recalls and campaigns done on truck 5/13. Sent signed and notarized documents by snail mail on 5/28 and electronic version three times. They finally say they have everything but I need to get the repair done. Told them it was done already. Got them and my service rep on the phone together. This whole processes is a cluster f$^#.

    Concerning the performance of the truck. Well it sucked until I put the GDE tune back in. Without the tune I would have sold the truck. Love the message when you call that there will not be any performance or mpg change. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
    tollmtn likes this.

  3. #23
    RAM Jr Member Bigt88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    77
    Member #
    8670
    Liked
    16 times
    since FCA will not release to the consumer what parameters were changed in the AEM update, I wonder if GDE or any of the other tuners can tell what tweeks FCA may have made. I'm wondering if they may be able to give some insight to those that are experiencing throttle delay or just personal perception.

    someone needs to post videos of going to a drag strip pre AEM and post AEM!
    HollyWoodGriz likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    RAM Jr Member tollmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    86
    Member #
    24610
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigt88 View Post
    since FCA will not release to the consumer what parameters were changed in the AEM update, I wonder if GDE or any of the other tuners can tell what tweeks FCA may have made. I'm wondering if they may be able to give some insight to those that are experiencing throttle delay or just personal perception.

    someone needs to post videos of going to a drag strip pre AEM and post AEM!
    LOL Now we need a video of drag strip times to prove that post AEM throttle lag is a not a figment of the majority of owners imagination.....Think about this, 2/3 to 3/4 of owners report throttle lag in every single thread on this topic. If that is not enough to prove it is more than just some sort of a "perception" issue then nothing will convince the few that have not experienced it firsthand.

    My reality is this.... Post AEM my lawn mower is quicker off the line and would win an across a wide intersection drag race against my Ecodiesel. The AEM flash robbed so much low end power that from a dead stop my 3:92 geared truck will not spin the wheels in TWO wheel drive on dirt. Before AEM in 4X4 it would dig 4 trenches from a dead stop on dirt when you punched it. That is not perception, sadly that is reality.
    HollyWoodGriz and cajunhammer like this.

  6. #25
    RAM Sr Member HollyWoodGriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    125
    Member #
    3051
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigt88 View Post
    since FCA will not release to the consumer what parameters were changed in the AEM update, I wonder if GDE or any of the other tuners can tell what tweeks FCA may have made. I'm wondering if they may be able to give some insight to those that are experiencing throttle delay or just personal perception.

    someone needs to post videos of going to a drag strip pre AEM and post AEM!
    This is a great question, I would love to hear what the guys at GDE are seeing with this tune...specifically if they could say what changes they're seeing and why so many are having such poor throttle response that was not there before....

  7. #26
    RAM Rookie cstapp99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    6899
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper2016 View Post
    I filed 5/11. No response yet. Has anybody filed and actually received a check?
    The status of my claim has said that my check was mailed for about 2 weeks now. The mail doesn't take that long, so I'm not sure what to think.

  8. #27
    RAM Professional Dieseldragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    603
    Member #
    36088
    Liked
    259 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cstapp99 View Post
    The status of my claim has said that my check was mailed for about 2 weeks now. The mail doesn't take that long, so I'm not sure what to think.
    Hi: cstapp99... They don't call it "Snale mail" for nothing!!! "The cheque is in the mail". Here in "The great white north" our status seems to be SFA... but we have a good Basketball team.
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

  9. #28
    RAM Sr Member Steve49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Show Low, AZ
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    14281
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    89 times
    Got last FCA email on 06/13 stating paperwork good and they didn't show AEM complete yet. I responded with copy of dealer service ticket and photo of sticker under the hood showing was completed on 05/23, they changed status to complete and check in the mail. However if you read the email it states "Fiat Chrysler will send your settlement check in the mail within six weeks after we receive confirmation from your dealer that your vehicle has the Approved Emissions Modification installed. " So I figure I'll see a check sometime next month!

  10. #29
    RAM Rookie 17combo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    14081
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram1500 ED
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi all. I am a little confused about this entire process. I submitted the requested documents online and received a claim tracking number on 5/10/19.

    Claim Under Review
    Your claim has been successfully submitted and will now be reviewed to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine your eligibility.

    I have not heard anything else back. I have checked email inbox and spam/junk folder and well as deleted folder and there is nothing else that has been received. I am waiting to schedule to get the AEM done until after I hear something back from the settlement website that they have determined my settlement eligibility. I was notified by snail mail that based on my VIN my truck was part of the AEM recall and settlement so this eligibility check seem rather redundant. It seems that others are getting emailed documents back, following claim sumbission, to have the AEM done and paperwork signed by the dealer or signed and notarized or something like that. When I call the number on the settlement website to check status I get a recording. When I go to the website to track the claim I get the status noted above.

    Should I just go ahead and get the AEM? I really wanted to wait to hear back so that things could go quickly since I really don't want to drive the truck at all, other than the 2 miles from the dealer to the driveway, until get the GDE tune gets installed. So far I have over 60K trouble free miles averaging 27mpg and would like to keep it that way. Thanks.

  11. #30
    RAM Sr Member HollyWoodGriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    125
    Member #
    3051
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 17combo View Post
    Hi all. I am a little confused about this entire process. I submitted the requested documents online and received a claim tracking number on 5/10/19.

    Claim Under Review
    Your claim has been successfully submitted and will now be reviewed to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine your eligibility.

    I have not heard anything else back. I have checked email inbox and spam/junk folder and well as deleted folder and there is nothing else that has been received. I am waiting to schedule to get the AEM done until after I hear something back from the settlement website that they have determined my settlement eligibility. I was notified by snail mail that based on my VIN my truck was part of the AEM recall and settlement so this eligibility check seem rather redundant. It seems that others are getting emailed documents back, following claim sumbission, to have the AEM done and paperwork signed by the dealer or signed and notarized or something like that. When I call the number on the settlement website to check status I get a recording. When I go to the website to track the claim I get the status noted above.

    Should I just go ahead and get the AEM? I really wanted to wait to hear back so that things could go quickly since I really don't want to drive the truck at all, other than the 2 miles from the dealer to the driveway, until get the GDE tune gets installed. So far I have over 60K trouble free miles averaging 27mpg and would like to keep it that way. Thanks.
    I would resubmit all of your paperwork online, I encountered the same issue...The account manager that was assigned to my case was a lazy bum and had not done anything for 5 weeks. Within 1 day of resubmitting and being assigned to a new case manager I was completely updated in FCA's system. Best of luck.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ecodiesel settlement payment slow

,

ram diesel settlement delays

Click on a term to search for related topics.