Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers.

This is a discussion on Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers. within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Hey, Wondering if anyone else has been waiting a while since submitting claim. I submitted 5/12. I have had AEM done 2 weeks ago. When ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Delay in Ecodiesel settlement / Contact with lawyers.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    18 times

Hey,

Wondering if anyone else has been waiting a while since submitting claim. I submitted 5/12. I have had AEM done 2 weeks ago. When I call or check online just tells me "being reviewed".

Also regarding performance- part of settlement was obviously that the V08 update would not affect performance. Based on this forum clearly it has. I tried to get in touch with the lawyers regarding this at Lieff Cabraser Heimann and Bernstein 415-956-1000 to inquire as to this and if we have any recourse or followup on this without much success. Has anyone had any correspondence with these lawyers regarding worsened diesel lag and/or fuel economy?

Thanks
    MR

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I filed 5/11. No response yet. Has anybody filed and actually received a check?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Same here I did receive an email needing additional information.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2299 times
    The schedule is clear if you read the documents. The first list of vehicles/owners that got the update went to those administering the settlement 3 June plus or minus a day or so. AN updated list will be sent every 14 days thereafter. The first checks will be issued by 17 June, 14 days after the list was sent forward. I believe that means subsequent checks are sent every 14 days. There can be a problem in the system if your dealer is not efficient in submitting the paperwork saying it was done. My dealer was slow and even though I had the update done 5/20 I did not make the 3 June submission and the tracking shows that my vehicle is still awaiting getting the reflash done. In fact I got an email from FCA last Friday encouraging to get my update done. I chased up my dealer and he tells me it is now submitted. However it won't show on the system until the June 17 updated list is submitted.

There can also be a hitch if you submitted your documents electronically. If your files were bigger than 5 Mb they probably didn't get them. I had that problem also and nothing in the instructions hinted at the file size limit and my email did not bounce back.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I submitted by snail mail and then electronically. Still in limbo, they have the paperwork and are checking to see it is all there.Until I hear something I won't bother doing the update.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times
    Do you really expect these lawyers to go back to the court and say FCA misled their customers on the 'no change in performance' promise because a few random people on an internet forum said the AEM failed their butt-dyno?
    Dieselfever, jsintx and patriot07 like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6376 times
    Thought that after you submitted all the information and had the AEM done they had to approve. Then, AFTER that approval, they sent you paperwork to get notarized. Then, after you sent the notarized paperwork back, it took another 6 weeks.

Don't really care what timetable they follow. Figured it would be sometime this Fall. Enjoy your ride your are all fretting over "chump change".
    Last edited by Captainmal; 06-10-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    284 times
    Here's my time line. 5/3 I submit my claim on line; 5/9 FCA notifies me that I'm approved and to send in the signed agreement and notarized release; 5/14 I snail mailed the agreement and release; 5/23 Dealer does the recall; 5/30 FCA finally gets my agreement and release; 6/8 FCA claim tracking site indicates they have been notified by the dealer that the update has been completed AND that my check is in the mail! We'll see how long it takes for the mail to get here.
    Ordered 5/19/14; Delivered 7/10/14 (44 days) Laramie QC 4X4, bright white, buckets, 3.92,
    20" wheels trailer brake controller, convenience group, keyless entry, front and rear park-sense,
    remote start, CD player, chrome side moldings, anti-spin diff, Mopar soft toneau and dealer
    installed W/W side steps. Weathertech mud flaps and window visors; Timber Grove Enterprises air bags;
    Fuel cap from RSD.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    975 times
    OMG they aren't giving me my free money fast enough, whatever am I going to do! Some of you would bitch if you were given a million dollars!

As far as "I tried to get in touch with the lawyers regarding this at Lieff Cabraser Heimann and Bernstein 415-956-1000 to inquire as to this and if we have any recourse or follow up on this without much success." LMAO-ROTF they could give two shits about the owners! They are in this to collect free money like every other shyster out there! Not sure what anyone's complaint is about the AEM tune, it operates better than the original tune. As for fuel mileage if you are not running the stock Goodyear SRA tires you are NOT going to make the same mileage as before!

Give it a rest already, some of you sound like a spoiled little child!
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    I submitted on 5/23, had the AEM done two weeks later; I've not heard anything. Like many Italians, they always expect fast pay, but they're typically very slow payers. In the meantime, I think I'll just enjoy the truck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links