Length of Diesel Settlement Extended Warranty?

This is a discussion on Length of Diesel Settlement Extended Warranty? within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Hey guys, I have a friend who just had his 2014 Grand Cherokee updated with the settlement flash. He showed me the extensive list of ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 97hmcs
  • 1 Post By slduus
  • 1 Post By slduus

Thread: Length of Diesel Settlement Extended Warranty?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, White, Crew Cab 2wd, 3.92 rear axle
    Liked
    20 times

Hey guys, I have a friend who just had his 2014 Grand Cherokee updated with the settlement flash. He showed me the extensive list of all that is covered under the extended warranty. However, there was no mention of how long it was warrantied for or how many miles that it all was covered. Do any of you know these details? Thanks guys!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 ED Bighorn CC 4wd
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsd43 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a friend who just had his 2014 Grand Cherokee updated with the settlement flash. He showed me the extensive list of all that is covered under the extended warranty. However, there was no mention of how long it was warrantied for or how many miles that it all was covered. Do any of you know these details? Thanks guys!
    I did not see the length of the extended warranty in the paperwork I received after the AEM update either., just what is covered. Anyone know?
    2016 ED Bighorn CC 4wd, 2015 MB GLK 250 deez, 2016 Basscat Eyra

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6377 times
    Agree the paperwork given to you by the dealer does not cover those topics. On much earlier paperwork I read it was for 4 years and 40,000 miles.

Surely someone here has that link to confirm.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Look here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jetlag likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Crew Cab 4x4
    Liked
    11 times
    So I just confirmation that I got the 4 year/48,000mile warranty. I had the V08 flash done at 120,677 miles, and my new warranty expires at 168,677miles....
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, White, Crew Cab 2wd, 3.92 rear axle
    Liked
    20 times
    I meant to update this earlier. I called FCA. My understanding, from what they said, is that the longest the warranty is good for is an overall 10 years / 120,000 miles. However, if you’re truck is relatively new, the warranty is valid for 4 years / 48,000 miles. But, if you’re like me (my truck just turned over 100,000 miles), your warranty is only good to the 120,000 mile mark, which I’ll hit that in less than 9 months. I’ll be investing in the GDE reflash as well as the transmission tune. I really like the GDE tune!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    I meant to update this earlier. I called FCA. My understanding, from what they said, is that the longest the warranty is good for is an overall 10 years / 120,000 miles. However, if you’re truck is relatively new, the warranty is valid for 4 years / 48,000 miles. But, if you’re like me (my truck just turned over 100,000 miles), your warranty is only good to the 120,000 mile mark, which I’ll hit that in less than 9 months. I’ll be investing in the GDE reflash as well as the transmission tune. I really like the GDE tune!
    I was under the impression you would still be under warranty for the 4 yr/48K after the AEM is completed.

The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty will not void any outstanding warranty. If there
    is a conflict between the Extended Warranty and any outstanding warranty, that conflict will be resolved to
    your benefit. The warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual
    miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and
    mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. In no
    event shall the Extended Warranty apply to or provide any coverage for Eligible Vehicles after May 1,
    2029. In the event that an Eligible Vehicle that has received the Approved Emissions Modification is
    resold, the remaining Extended Warranty Period, if any, is transferable to subsequent purchasers and
    shall continue through the date or mileage determined in this Paragraph for the benefit of such
    subsequent purchasers.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Crew Cab 4x4
    Liked
    11 times
    I got the flash at 120,000 miles, and just got confirmation from the dealership I have the 4 year/48,000mile warranty now
    97hmcs likes this.

Sponsored Links