2nd owners how will we know if the 1st owner files a claim too??

This is a discussion on 2nd owners how will we know if the 1st owner files a claim too?? within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; So I was just thinking about this last night, if we are the 2nd owners we have to wait until after August 1st to see ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2nd owners how will we know if the 1st owner files a claim too??

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 LARAMIE
    Liked
    12 times

So I was just thinking about this last night, if we are the 2nd owners we have to wait until after August 1st to see if the first owner makes a claim, how are we ever going to know if this really happened? My truck had 5k miles on it when I bought it, supposedly it was never titled and the dealers service manager drove it, is the dealer really going to make a claim on this (probably haha)? Is Chrysler who I have 0 faith or trust in going to prove to us that the first owner made a claim and they mailed a check to them??
    dandredesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Chrysler dealer owned vehicles are excempt from making a claim as the previous owner. You should get the whole refund. We are in the same boat with our Grand Cherokee. It was a dealer vehicle when we purchased. We decided to wait until after August first to file so that we get the full claim.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    145 times
    Have you filed as a second owner? If it was never titled you should be first owner - file as such and see what settlement center says.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed Granite Crystal
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags, Hellwig rear sway bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Black Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    12 times
    I have to imagine they'll tell you if another owner filed if you go ahead and file as the first owner. Dealers don't consider themselves owners as far as registration purposes so why should Chrysler?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 LARAMIE
    Liked
    12 times
    Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, when I got my settlement offer Chrysler told me on the letter than I am the second owner which didn't sound right, I filed and requested the first check so I guess I be in contact with them after August 1st and ask if anyone else has filed.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfever View Post
    Chrysler dealer owned vehicles are excempt from making a claim as the previous owner. You should get the whole refund. We are in the same boat with our Grand Cherokee. It was a dealer vehicle when we purchased. We decided to wait until after August first to file so that we get the full claim.
    You can file now and (from memory) get a check for $2,400 and then an additional check for the remaining $600 after August 1st if the former owner doesn't file a claim too.
    phprof likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePatch View Post
    You can file now and (from memory) get a check for $2,400 and then an additional check for the remaining $600 after August 1st if the former owner doesn't file a claim too.
    Yup. That's exactly what the legal document I had to sign said.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Yup. That's exactly what the legal document I had to sign said.
    Which document?

Guess I’ll get one once my month long claim has been looked at.
    slduus and 3DHawkeye like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoD SLT
    Liked
    17 times
    I'm in similar boat... I bought both ram & JGC as 2nd owner. I'm pretty sure the previous ram owner was notified. When I took it in they asked if I was Mr. ?, my name wasn't registered with FCA on the VIN.

I've looked on the settlement page, but didn't see a way to check if previous owner filed. I even checked by entering VIN & case # in on settlement website. Any suggestions on how to find out if previous owner filed?
    Mine - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoD SLT... Stock, for now 😁
    Hers - 2015 Jeep GC Limited EcoD (Banks exhaust)

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kst8er View Post
    I'm in similar boat... I bought both ram & JGC as 2nd owner. I'm pretty sure the previous ram owner was notified. When I took it in they asked if I was Mr. ?, my name wasn't registered with FCA on the VIN.

I've looked on the settlement page, but didn't see a way to check if previous owner filed. I even checked by entering VIN & case # in on settlement website. Any suggestions on how to find out if previous owner filed?
    Isn't there a phone number you can call and hopefully speak to an actual human being?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links