Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled - Page 2

Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled

This is a discussion on Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I can't find the thread .. but someone had AEM done , truck turned into a turd , was a canadian guy , went for ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1206 times
    I can't find the thread .. but someone had AEM done , truck turned into a turd ,
    was a canadian guy , went for a ride with his son across the border , to GDE located in MI ,
    GDE told him the AEM was only " HALF applied " .... maybe your AEM tune was not done properly ...
    sort of a interupted update
    get the dealer to do it again , once at least .
    very suspicious that some get AEM and fell the truck is fine ,others lose all fun in driving

Edit : Found it , post # 30 in here :https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...ter-gde-2.html
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 06-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Lovelybrook likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    17 times
    Thanks so much for the support! Sorry to have a mad reaction to his post. It felt bossy and insensitive.

I have many friends in Oregon and have lived there numerous times. Nevada is about 1.5 hours away. What would I do? Contact a private mechanic to install it? I know of people who will be happy to receive a package in both states.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    17 times

Thanks so much,

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    I can't find the thread .. but someone had AEM done , truck turned into a turd ,
    was a canadian guy , went for a ride with his son across the border , to GDE located in MI ,
    GDE told him the AEM was only " HALF applied " .... maybe your AEM tune was not done properly ...
    sort of a interupted update
    get the dealer to do it again , once at least .
    very suspicious that some get AEM and fell the truck is fine ,others lose all fun in driving

Edit : Found it , post # 30 in here :https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...ter-gde-2.html
    I really appreciate this help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cerdman View Post
    I COMPLETELY understand it being the place you feel most comfortable in. I drive my truck at least 60,000 miles a year. I'm literally in it more than I'm in my own bed. I spend the week in hotels and the weekend in my truck. It has everything I need and has taken me all across the country. It has been a very reliable truck, now reaching 222,000 miles. It was broken into last year Memorial Day weekend and I just felt angry, the one spot that has been all mine had been violated. I can't help you on the topic you asked about because I will not being doing the AEM due to it already being tuned and deleted but I can totally relate on a much more personal level as to how important these "tools" are to my livelihood and sanity. I'd hate to lose that sense of security as you did.
    Many thanks

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    1206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelybrook View Post
    Thanks for this. Would I be asking a lot for an out of state mechanic to put in a GDE ED if (s)he knew I lived in California? Not sure if they would balk at that...

D
    once you get a friend out of Cali to order it for you ,
    Print out easy GDE installation instructions , bring them with you to the mechanic of your choice , easy job ,
    changing the battery in my cell phone was much more complicated , true .
    the ECM ( module ) his bolted with 4 10mm bolts ), the rest is taking apart connectors , 2 on module plus one other ,
    switch modules , put connectors back together , sit in truck and follow instructions in file .
    Site to purchase GDE tune from ; ,https://www.greendieselengineering.c...ne/2_37.action
    --image of the injector code sticker (send image of your sticker ,all trucks are different )
    --and image of the module :
    --and pdf file = instructions.
    ================================================== ===========
    Contact GDE , << NEVER MENTIONNING YOUARE IN CALI ,>>
    ask them what info they need
    Serial number + picture of the injector code sticker found under your hood

[email protected] ....Office phone: (248) 977-9531
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled-look-module-1.jpg   Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled-gde-exemple-sticker.jpg   Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled-injector-code-location.jpg   Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled-my-injector-codes-1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 06-11-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Lovelybrook likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    1206 times
    ... I know of people who will be happy to receive a package in both states.
    they also have to pay , , then you pay them back , or in advance , once actual module is replaced with GDE module , put old one in return box ,
    and return to GDE for core refund , (+/- $650 for that core ) , ship from that state.
    Lovelybrook likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    210 times
    I have the same experience and I just dropped off the truck at the dealer for them to troubleshoot. I'll let you know if it is successful.

The dealer claims that I'm the first person to complain so assuming they are not lying, I'm hopefull that it was an install issue and they can fix it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Lovelybrook likes this.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie longhorn (sold) 2019 RAM 1500 (current)
    Liked
    153 times
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *************

Thank you for your lack of support and lack of understanding of my situation.

Keeping a car for life is not stupid when you know exactly what that car has gone through, what has been done to it, and you have a mechanic you trust;. I have saved tens of thousands of dollars doing this for decades. I am not selling the truck. I am going to fight to get it returned to its original condition. This is BS. No one can unilaterally ruin my truck and cost me thousands of dollars.

Of course the truck is not real. But the truck gave me a sense of security and long-term utility and it plugged a necessary hole. I want those things back.

Thank you for reminding me why I got divorced.
    Wowza...slow down..a) no one called you stupid and b) if the truck gave you a sense of security and plugged a necessary hole, I am sorry if a truck can do that.

You asked for opinions. I gave you one. You said you can’t afford to drive the truck, I gave you my 2 cents to move on.

My apology if it’s not what you wanted to hear. Please do what makes you happy. If it’s chasing FCA to fix your truck, that’s your time and you decide where to spend your time.

Best of luck....didn’t mean to remind you why you got divorced, but that was not the intent when you asked for “what to do?”....

Moving on......
    Bravo2 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarf4 View Post
    Wowza...slow down..a) no one called you stupid and b) if the truck gave you a sense of security and plugged a necessary hole, I am sorry if a truck can do that.

You asked for opinions. I gave you one. You said you can’t afford to drive the truck, I gave you my 2 cents to move on.

My apology if it’s not what you wanted to hear. Please do what makes you happy. If it’s chasing FCA to fix your truck, that’s your time and you decide where to spend your time.

Best of luck....didn’t mean to remind you why you got divorced, but that was not the intent when you asked for “what to do?”....

Moving on......
    Peace. Take care. I apologize if your intentions were positive but the post felt a bit demeaning and insensitive. Others are helping me trouble shoot. It seems there are some options if the dealer won't help me.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    once you get a friend out of Cali to order it for you ,
    Print out easy GDE installation instructions , bring them with you to the mechanic of your choice , easy job ,
    changing the battery in my cell phone was much more complicated , true .
    the ECM ( module ) his bolted with 4 10mm bolts ), the rest is taking apart connectors , 2 on module plus one other ,
    switch modules , put connectors back together , sit in truck and follow instructions in file .
    Site to purchase GDE tune from ; ,https://www.greendieselengineering.c...ne/2_37.action
    --image of the injector code sticker (send image of your sticker ,all trucks are different )
    --and image of the module :
    --and pdf file = instructions.
    ================================================== ===========
    Contact GDE , << NEVER MENTIONNING YOUARE IN CALI ,>>
    ask them what info they need
    Serial number + picture of the injector code sticker found under your hood

[email protected] ....Office phone: (248) 977-9531
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Do you think the truck is getting harmed while I drive it in this condition?

If I go into the dealer for other issues, do I need to hide that that has been done?

Effect on warranty?

I am wondering about keeping one board for the dealer and this GDE one to use all the time... she said, flirting with the law....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links