Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled - Page 3

Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled

This is a discussion on Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by Lovelybrook Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Do you think the truck is getting harmed while I drive it in this condition? ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Need advice: Non-mechanical woman who loved her truck, now its spoiled

Lou
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 ecodiesel
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelybrook View Post
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Do you think the truck is getting harmed while I drive it in this condition?

If I go into the dealer for other issues, do I need to hide that that has been done?

Effect on warranty?

I am wondering about keeping one board for the dealer and this GDE one to use all the time... she said, flirting with the law....
    Yes, that would be the best way to handle it.
    I would get the factory updated one working properly first,
    put the dealers toes to the fire, if the truck is that undrivable just look at the paperwork that came with the update ;
    NO appreciable difference in performance or mileage,
    it sounds like you have a major change therefor it's an appreciable difference.
    Lovelybrook likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Yes, that would be the best way to handle it.
    I would get the factory updated one working properly first,
    put the dealers toes to the fire, if the truck is that undrivable just look at the paperwork that came with the update ;
    NO appreciable difference in performance or mileage,
    it sounds like you have a major change therefor it's an appreciable difference.
    At the risk of being charged with believing my truck is a sentient being, I have this fear that everything I do is being recorded on some master computer somewhere in the truck. "She drove to Oregon to get it fixed, then she took out the ECM, then she swapped boards.

The mechanic in CA gives me a knowing glance and says, I need to speak to you...."

I am about as honest as they come and if they ask me flat out what I have done, I will have a hard time pretending other than the truth. My brother, well, that's another story... great poker player.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1327 times

If I go into the dealer for other issues, do I need to hide that that has been done?
    ==> Best scenario , you keep the stock module with FCA AEM tune in it , for visits to the dealer .

Effect on warranty?
    none ,unless you start bragging , and happen to have one of the few dealers who try to void your warranty ,
    anyways , some owners were lied to , by dealers in order to not cover work with warantee ,even when no real reasons ,
    the warranty is not crook-proof .

I am wondering about keeping one board for the dealer and this GDE one to use all the time... she said, flirting with the law...
    best scenario right there , stock ECM for dealer visits , GDE tuned to use truck all the time .
    I would first get the dealer to apply the tune properly , you just might enjoy the truck again
    and maybe you would not get the GDE tune , ,,,, one step at a time
    in your first post you describe a lot of weird stuff that should not happen , AEM not applied properly .
    Lovelybrook likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1327 times

I am about as honest as they come and if they ask me flat out what I have done, I will have a hard time pretending other than the truth. My brother, well, that's another story... great poker player.
    please take this as a joke from me , maybe I watch too much TV , but , in first post you say you are a lawyer ,
    then here you say "you are honest as they come " .....contradiction ,,, you don't lie to the dealer ,,, you practice your acting skills .
    Omarf4 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    570 times
    Just glancing through this post it screams scam. People quit telling her how to cheat emissions.
    Omarf4, tollmtn and Houser like this.

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Just glancing through this post it screams scam.
    I didn't want to say it, but that was my first thought too. A lawyer who has been buying new vehicles and keeping them for decades, who is poor but has two other vehicles stored in a garage somewhere and even though is a lawyer is working multiple jobs ...

Anyway ... it's what it is.

cheers
    Kazimodo and tollmtn like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    please take this as a joke from me , maybe I watch too much TV , but , in first post you say you are a lawyer ,
    then here you say "you are honest as they come " .....contradiction ,,, you don't lie to the dealer ,,, you practice your acting skills .
    I'm a bit out of the mold. I am also a nurse and that was my first career for 20 years. Law school was aimed at improving health care. Nurse is at the top of most respected list. Lawyer at the bottom. Take your pick.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    I didn't want to say it, but that was my first thought too. A lawyer who has been buying new vehicles and keeping them for decades, who is poor but has two other vehicles stored in a garage somewhere and even though is a lawyer is working multiple jobs ...

Anyway ... it's what it is.

cheers
    Not a scam. I am broke because I was a nurse for decades and went to law school in my 40's. Still coping with law school loans. My attorney career got sunk by an abusive husband who was too threatened by my law career and the 2008 downturn. I'm happy to post a picture of my old cars. I received the VW at age 17 as a Christmas present from my parents, both dead now. So it is sentimental. I bought the Mini brand new after surviving law school and finally getting a decent job after 25 years of being paid less than 30K per year as a nurse. So the Mini has a certain symbolism as well. I bought the truck as an old age strategy after finally being able to own a home in the country after trying to make that happen for 35 years.

Getting out of an abusive marriage at age 66, no one is too anxious to hire you as a lawyer. I am working back in health care at multiple jobs as a nurse. Laugh if you want. It is the truth.

You are ignorant if you don't know what hard-working women do to survive when they would like a nice life like the rest of you. Please give me credit for resilience and hard work, not doubt and mockery. I find when I post on forums that have a lot of male energy, I often get attacked, so apologies to the kind folks who have helped me.

And yes, I am honest to a fault. I don't like the GDE option and I will stay with the dealer as long as they will try to help me. But I am not going to let them destroy my truck.

You know, it is so sad this battle of the sexes and it causes so much unnecessary grief. You should try driving with me in the truck sometime. Just by being a female driving a nice truck and having my "I brake for squirrels" bumper sticker, these macho guys in their big trucks zoom past me, give me the finger and then cut me off. All I did was dare to drive a truck on the same highway as them.

How can we bridge the gap so men understand that women like trucks, they may be more sentimental, they may envision survival strategies differently, but they don't deserve full on attack for no other reason than existing, being their goofy selves, and doing their best in a world that is not a level playing field.
    Last edited by Lovelybrook; 06-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    7milesup, John Jensen and jetlag like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel BigHorn
    Liked
    419 times
    I think if reaching classic status with this truck is your goal, then you most certainly should eliminate the EGR. Take solace in the fact a properly tuned truck will use less fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lovelybrook likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RossCountyRam View Post
    I think if reaching classic status with this truck is your goal, then you most certainly should eliminate the EGR. Take solace in the fact a properly tuned truck will use less fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I have this constant question in my head wondering how the emissions can be better when it is using 25-30% more fuel than before to go the same distance. I need to learn about the EGR. Was trying to avoid a full dive into emission mechanics but it seems necessary now.

Is it naive to assume that great gas mileage is a good "green" strategy overall in terms of total emissions per mile?

Thanks for your help.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links