Waited 5 weeks!

Waited 5 weeks!

This is a discussion on Waited 5 weeks! within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; My understanding of the process was that after submitting preliminary claim documents we were supposed to wait until we were told that the documents were ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mopar73340
  • 1 Post By mbaessler

Thread: Waited 5 weeks!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie Longhorn ED
    Liked
    11 times

Waited 5 weeks!

My understanding of the process was that after submitting preliminary claim documents we were supposed to wait until we were told that the documents were acceptable before we moved on to the the next step.
    That being the AEM update.
    My constant checking at the website resulted in a message saying that I had successfully submitted my request but the acceptance was pending.
    I got impatient yesterday and called whoever is managing the Class Action process.
    I was told that they stopped doing that notification step and that I should just go ahead and do the AEM.
    I have been checking the status for 5 weeks expecting a go-ahead notification.
    Not sure if I misunderstood the process, but the lady on the phone seemed to imply that they changed something due to the scale of the process being overwhelming.
    Did I misunderstand the original directions?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    130 times
    I think so. You were able to get the AEM flash anytime, even before your claim was approved. But you didn't get the claim form and release documents to sign until original packet accepted.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed Granite Crystal
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags, Hellwig rear sway bar

Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Waited 5 weeks!

I can’t even get them to accept my forms I submitted online and then emailed to the case manager lady after she asked for them. Oh well just won’t get the AEM completed then until they get their shit together if they ever do. Money would be nice but not dependent upon it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    860 times
    I submitted my documents online a few weeks ago and received the verification they were accepted today. There is a PDF with attached instructions and a letter to be notarized that needs to be completed along with the dealer docs after the AEM is complete. It then states 6 weeks until a check is issued.
    lucskoj likes this.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Laramie Longhorn CC 4x2
    Liked
    8 times
    It is mentioned in another thread that file attachments are limited to 5MB. Apparently if over 5MB it does not get through to them at all.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgwildinLB View Post
    It is mentioned in another thread that file attachments are limited to 5MB. Apparently if over 5MB it does not get through to them at all.
    Hawg: Here is the statement from the settlement claim form.
    The acceptable file formats are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .pdf, and your file size must not exceed 25 MB per document.
    So a lot more than 5MB's.
    lucskoj likes this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1368 times
    They may have changed the max document size. I believe Howie12 (think that's his user name) made a post about his being rejected at 5+ MB and not receiving any notification about it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaessler View Post
    Hawg: Here is the statement from the settlement claim form.
    The acceptable file formats are .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .pdf, and your file size must not exceed 25 MB per document.
    So a lot more than 5MB's.
    I was told by the claims people that single files over 5 mb were not accepted by my system and that the email just disappears. When I resubmitted mine witn a file size smaller than 5 Mb it was fine. I resent the original email when on the phone with the rep and he got nothing on their email system. I sent a simple email and he got it. Perhaps he was lying to me or perhaps things have now changed since I had my problem mid May or so. He said he was going to look into it.

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    My submission went into "document package complete" status exactly 30 days ago. Last week I sent replies to the email they sent acknowledging receipt, trying to move the needle. No replies and no effect. Tried calling but either got disconnected or was on hold for a lifetime.

I think FCA spared every expense staffing for this and the folks are seriously overwhelmed. No use getting in a twist. It is what it is and won't get better from anything I can do.
    Doug Dickerson
    "We have not inherited the Earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children."

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    Liked
    193 times
    Exactly the same scenario here. I called a week ago and just told to wait until it was 'accepted'. I called back today was told something different. Basically get the update done, get the forms, send them in and then the status will change. I asked all the 'interesting' questions and they basically blew me off with some double-speak. So, called my dealer, asked them about this and they told me to come in, get the paperwork, send it in, etc. (what FCA told me today).

Sponsored Links