Brought my truck back to the dealer after the AEM......

This is a discussion on Brought my truck back to the dealer after the AEM...... within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I'll update this email after I get my truck. Here's the message they left on my phone. "Just giving you a call on your truck. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 97hmcs
  • 3 Post By bill-e
  • 1 Post By Dieselfever

Thread: Brought my truck back to the dealer after the AEM......

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    208 times

I'll update this email after I get my truck. Here's the message they left on my phone.

"Just giving you a call on your truck. So if you would like to stop by I can have Wallace go over your truck with you what we found what Chrysler has told him and I'll and what you can expect from the truck what's coming up new with any software updates and all and he can actually go for a ride with you."

Hopefully they actually found something and FCA actually is looking at doing something about it.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Can you give some more context behind why you brought your truck back in? Was it for performance issues? Many members of the forum have experienced "Dead Pedal" and a significant change in how the truck drives...I look forward to hearing more...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodGriz View Post
    Can you give some more context behind why you brought your truck back in? Was it for performance issues? Many members of the forum have experienced "Dead Pedal" and a significant change in how the truck drives...I look forward to hearing more...
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post974684

https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post975510

https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post974702
    HollyWoodGriz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    I'll update this email after I get my truck. Here's the message they left on my phone.

"Just giving you a call on your truck. So if you would like to stop by I can have Wallace go over your truck with you what we found what Chrysler has told him and I'll and what you can expect from the truck what's coming up new with any software updates and all and he can actually go for a ride with you."

Hopefully they actually found something and FCA actually is looking at doing something about it.
    My reaction was this is great customer service. Unless you have an issue.

If you do, why hide it from us? Spill the beans!!!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    208 times
    So no good news. My truck wasn't fixed.

The tech was able to confirm all of my complaints and called FCA. FCA gave him some bullshit answers blaming EPA and including that they made my truck run just like an '18, that their engineering was looking into the complaints, and that even if they find something that they can do they would have to go through EPA again.....So I read that as no fix short of being forced to by another class action suit.

The tech said that did confirm that all of my complaints were indeed verified on the only '18 that they had.

I asked if I could get re-flashed to the way it was...they said no and also made a statement that FCA was mandating this flash....I didn't press what would happen if someone refused.

On a positive note, once I go over the sluggish exit from the dealer the trucked warmed up and ran fine. I'm going to replace the air filter and clean the MAP sensor and see if that helps.

Sorry I don't have better news.
    HollyWoodGriz, roegs and redsunBC like this.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Thanks for the update Bill-E, best of luck moving forward, that is rough.

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    G-d-e!!!
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    Reminds me of all the complaints that Powerstroke owners had when Ford reflashed and neutered diesel truck ECUs about 16 years ago. The Powerstroke owners were livid. The only fix was aftermarket tunes.

Sponsored Links