Anyone have the ACTUAL FCA process for the AEM?

This is a discussion on Anyone have the ACTUAL FCA process for the AEM? within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Given how many folks have had the AEM with decent-to-positive results, and how many have had horrible results, I'm starting to believe that some dealer ...

Member #
    Liked
    125 times

Given how many folks have had the AEM with decent-to-positive results, and how many have had horrible results, I'm starting to believe that some dealer techs are either not completing the entire AEM process or possibly completing them out of order. IE: ECM update, TCM update, oil life reset, etc. (no, I'm not suggesting the oil life reset will have anything to do with performance). Unless there is a hardware difference in the ECM/TCM somewhere, the only plausible explanation is the software is not being installed correctly.

Therefore...when I go in for the AEM, I'd like to have the actual FCA process in hand and have the service advisor acknowledge the process. Sure, this maybe just gives me a sense of false hope or control, but why not?

I drive 1K miles/week on average and can't be pissing with unnecessary downtime.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1343 times
    -one step is called "Perform Oil Life Data Exchange." , so that oil life does not go to default setting ,
    that step carries your oil life data from old tune to AEM tune.

Howie 12 posted his work order sheet in this thread :https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...ions-tune.html

Sponsored Links