I bought the lemon of all lemons you are welcome

This is a discussion on I bought the lemon of all lemons you are welcome within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Would like to start by saying your welcome to all the success stories i read on here. I have taken the black cloud from all ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bounty Hunter

Thread: I bought the lemon of all lemons you are welcome

RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times

Would like to start by saying your welcome to all the success stories i read on here. I have taken the black cloud from all of you so that you could drive all of those happy worry free miles. I know what many of you will say is that i should have gotten the GDE tune However when motor 1 blew before 10,000 miles i was hesitant to do anything to void my warranty. but i Thought hey probably would still do it once i had some extra cash to go in that direction. Then motor 2 died on me and there went all the dreams of doing that. well anyway i have complained about that before on here and what i really want to talk about is my new upcoming problem. So i was driving 500 miles towing trailer. truck goes into limp mode. Def system is not working. drive home take it to dealer. jumping the starter relay to get it started again. Have the recalls done so warranty will kick in. its been a week no word from FCA on the go ahead, there are 3 other Ecodiesels all at this same dealership waiting for the green light from FCA. How many out there are all having the same issues with Def system failure and going into limp mode. Just amazing the timing of this all. to be exactly the same time the recalls and warranty go into effect. Dealer says i have 2 bad lines and an injector. I click my heels together and just keep saying only 18 months left and i will be payment free. I dreamt of having a diesel to go 300,000 miles and going with no payments for 5 to 10 years. Damn FCA crushed my dreams. Taking this baby to the end of the power train warranty and i am running to an HD Gasser.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3611 times
    Well I can’t say I blame ya.
    Airstream, TT, Boat, transporter. Factory receiver 1,290/12k (w WDH) factory brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera. No sway WDH, Andersen Rapid adjust hitch, Turnover ball GN hitch w 5er adapter, Axle to frame air bags, GDE tune w turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, Combined axle rating 7,800, Max RAM 1500 CVWR 15,950, truck with me & 3 hitchs axle weights steer 3,340 drive 2,560

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    4 times
    This is my bussiness truck and has really caused me so much hassle. do you think the dealer would be upset if i used the loaner vehicle to do a dump run. just to give you an idea of the trash i am running i have a dog daycare and usually have 3 to 5 hundred pounds of dog poop weekly. so much so that my previous garbage service cancelled me for it. I bet if i did that people would move along faster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This is my bussiness truck and has really caused me so much hassle. do you think the dealer would be upset if i used the loaner vehicle to do a dump run. just to give you an idea of the trash i am running i have a dog daycare and usually have 3 to 5 hundred pounds of dog poop weekly. so much so that my previous garbage service cancelled me for it. I bet if i did that people would move along faster.
    Boy oh boy you sure have a real "stinker" for an Ecodiesel. Sure understand it's been a load of crap you should dump.

Now seriously that's a mess. Glad FCA did step up and give you a new motor TWICE. You have the luck of poo. Guess you are familiar with that.

Since it seems you need to keep that loser for a while, get the DEF stuff fixed and go get GDE. That shouldl eliminate the DEF issue. Then with your crappy luck, you might have to deal with the sooting mess of a working EGR. Again my suggestion is applicable as it also shuts off that mess. Your problems are epidemic to stock diesel operation today. Doesn't matter what brand you get. All of them suffer from emissions equipment failure. There is really only one solution. Delete or tune the stuff off.

Wait. That's TWO solutions.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    340 times
    My DEF system threw a code and I deleted it with my GDE tune. That is the only fault so far in almost 45,000 miles. My brother has had similar problems with his F250 Powerstroke, though his motor has never failed. If my Ecodiesel failed, don't know what I'd do. Had a motor fail in a new Tacoma, ended up buying a hemi Ram that was freaking bulletproof. As Bill Clinton used to say: I feel your pain.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1548 times
    My truck threw a DEF code on the way home from the dealer installing the AEM. Installed the GDE tuned ECM and magically it disappeared, and hasn't come back.

I think the dealers replace too many hard parts when it's often times just an overly sensitive tune causing the issues. This will continue to be the case as long as EPA pulls the strings.
    sourdo likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Boy oh boy you sure have a real "stinker" for an Ecodiesel. Sure understand it's been a load of crap you should dump.

Now seriously that's a mess. Glad FCA did step up and give you a new motor TWICE. You have the luck of poo. Guess you are familiar with that.

Since it seems you need to keep that loser for a while, get the DEF stuff fixed and go get GDE. That shouldl eliminate the DEF issue. Then with your crappy luck, you might have to deal with the sooting mess of a working EGR. Again my suggestion is applicable as it also shuts off that mess. Your problems are epidemic to stock diesel operation today. Doesn't matter what brand you get. All of them suffer from emissions equipment failure. There is really only one solution. Delete or tune the stuff off.

Wait. That's TWO solutions.
    Yea it is sad that people have to go aftermarket to get a reliable diesel now. I wish i would have known the troubles they have now because of emissions. in the past the diesels were king. Its too bad things are made to break today. I would be a rich man if i didnt have to constantly buy the same items over and over. I have a washer and dryer that are 30 years old and just work. in my other Property i have been through at least 5 sets in that same time. Disposable junk doesn't matter what country makes it really. For sure china and similar countries are the worst but USA and japan are closing the gap. Need to go back to the WW2 mindset. build things with pride to last. The auto industry could make frames with upgradable components. frames could be stainless so no rust they will still make a profit.new radio switch it out new engine switch it out. nope just make things difficult. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Longhorn Eco
    Liked
    1 times
    I had a 2014 Longhorn Eco... Engine took a crap at 62k. Took 3.5 weeks to get a new one.. At 7xk started getting check engine lights all the time. At 82k engine turned itself off, dealer said need new engine.. two week later dealer said need new CPU due to emissions gone bad and you have to pay as emissions war expired at 80k, at 86k started getting check engine lights all the time again, needed new EGR and other things... Did AEM paperwork at 92k... checked mailed at 93.4k... traded pice of crap in on a 2019 GAS Limited... Never again will I buy an Eco..

Sponsored Links