My Claim is stuck in limbo - Page 2

My Claim is stuck in limbo

This is a discussion on My Claim is stuck in limbo within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; damien256 you look for your status here, https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDi...t/s/TrackClaim When you submit a claim they send you an email with a claim tracking number....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Claim is stuck in limbo

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    14 times
    damien256 you look for your status here, https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDi...t/s/TrackClaim

When you submit a claim they send you an email with a claim tracking number.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajb3015 View Post
    I submitted my claim on May 15th and I still have the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete". I had seen in one other thread here, someone said FCA told them it would stay like that until they had confirmation that the AEM was complete. Basically "We aren't going to look at your claim until you've done the update". I didn't believe it at first but I dropped the truck off at the dealer today and the service writer confirmed this is the case. They also told me they are required by law to do the update and if they don't they will be fined $25,000 (yes 25 thousand) by FCA.

has anybody else heard about this fine?

Also, for those who are choosing to not do the AEM, beware, you may not have a choice if you take it to the dealer for other work later on, they may force it on you if this fine is legitimate.
    I too had been waiting on my hourglass to turn to a check mark. Just got off the phone with the settlement hotline and was told to get the AEM, the dealer would submit their documentation, and then the process would begin moving again. I submitted electronically May 11.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsavrod View Post
    I too had been waiting on my hourglass to turn to a check mark. Just got off the phone with the settlement hotline and was told to get the AEM, the dealer would submit their documentation, and then the process would begin moving again. I submitted electronically May 11.
    Don't count on AEM completed speeding the process up....I submitted on May 15th and received my case tracking number that day, I had the AEM done the next day May16. Roughly two weeks later the recalls on My-Mopar confirmed AEM completed. BUT I still have not received the offer papers or a second checkmark. My claim is still stuck on step 1 green check mark and below that the hourglass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Figure September. Then a month or so for the check. Realistically its looking like a 6 month timeline.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sent claim with all documentation via USPS priority express on 6 May. Tracking shows it was picked up on 7 May. Submitted claim again via the web portal on 13 June (with all documentation again) and the dodge dealer did the update on 20 June. The portal shows claim submitted but "verifying documents" as of today, 27 June. Tried the phone number provided to ask how much longer it would take to "verify documents," but what I got instead were questions about how I submitted my claim.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram EcoDiesel 2016 Crew Cab
    Liked
    5 times
    I submitted my claim by mail on May 20th. One month later I had not received any response and called the FCA Settlement phone number. The person I spoke with suggested I submit the claim on the website. I did so on June 20. I immediately received a claim number. Today I tracked the claim on the website, and there was a check mark next to claim submitted and an hour glass next to document package complete. I called the toll free number and spoke to a person who told me that she could see on her computer that I had completed the software update and that everything I submitted online appeared complete and that the next step was for a claims manager to review my claim. The representative told me that she did not know when the review would take place and that they appreciated my patience. Also, there was still no record of the claim I submitted by mail.

It has been about a month since I had the upgrade installed. I have noticed some hesitation when starting out from a stop when the engine is cold. Also, I suspect the fuel mileage may have dropped by one or two mpg, but I have not done sufficient driving to confirm. Otherwise, the truck seems to run fine. Our truck is a 2016 Crew Cab we bought new and has about 25000 miles on the odometer. The dealer took less than a day to complete all the recalls and perform an oil change. We have been very satisfied with the EcoDiesel truck. In addition to our regular driving, we have towed a small 5th wheel trailer a total of about 5000 miles with no problems.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    I would feel very conficent that any snail mail, registered or not was a total waste of time. FCA should be ashamed. I would also submit thousands, possibly 25% or more of the claims were snail mailed. Most of those good folks are deer in the headlights. They will never see closure.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

kcZ
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie 3D
    Liked
    27 times
    Mine has been sitting in this state for nearing on 6 weeks now. I called the other day and they said it is taking up to 6 weeks, only to remind me that I'm approaching 6 weeks. I guess that mine will be the new benchmark on how long it will take.

My Claim is stuck in limbo-ram_capture.jpg

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcZ View Post
    Mine has been sitting in this state for nearing on 6 weeks now. I called the other day and they said it is taking up to 6 weeks, only to remind me that I'm approaching 6 weeks. I guess that mine will be the new benchmark on how long it will take.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAM_Capture.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	81088
    7 weeks today, and AEM completed the day after I submitted the claim. My claim page is still like yours, a check mark and an hourglass. Mopar really must have understaffed the claim department of possibly they hired the team that designed the Obamacare web site.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Where do i go online to file my claim? Or to get the snail mail form? Do you have to leavr your truck with them or is is something that can be done while you wait for it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links