My Claim is stuck in limbo

This is a discussion on My Claim is stuck in limbo within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I submitted my claim on June 12th by certified mail with tracking number. The Post office has notified “Eco Diesel Settlement” twice to pick it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Claim is stuck in limbo

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1 times

I submitted my claim on June 12th by certified mail with tracking number. The Post office has notified “Eco Diesel Settlement” twice to pick it up. Yet, as of now, they have not picked it up. The Post Office will send back my mail on July 1st.

I called the Settlement company and they told me that it was a “small department” and they are “swamped” with claims and it was best to apply online.

If you mailed in your claim, and have not heard anything yet, you should file again online. Otherwise, it may not get processed as quickly, or may be left sitting in the Post Office.
    pqw3413 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Ha June 12th, try May 7th here submitted electronically.

Just says it is under review. Had the AEM flash on Monday, dealership had previous owners information so had to change it.

Maybe they, FCA, are awaiting the first owner to submit a claim and that is why it is still under review?

Are you a second owner?

Member #
    Am first owner of 2015 …. it had the AEM flash …. my claim was filed 20May19 and it is "under review".

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhammer View Post

Just says it is under review. Had the AEM flash on Monday, dealership had previous owners information so had to change it.

Maybe they, FCA, are awaiting the first owner to submit a claim and that is why it is still under review?

Are you a second owner?
    First Owner...ran great for 36,000 miles. Remains to be seen how bad the mileage will be. Looks like at least -3 to -4 mpg around town. Hope the towing range doesn't suffer too much.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhammer View Post

Are you a second owner?
    Me Too!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sent my paperwork via USPS also on may 19th. Looked online last Thursday and they claim they haven't received them yet. So I used my phone to scan the papers and emailed them. Today I received a call telling me I have to send all 8 pages, just not the ones you sign and notarize.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Bighorn (named Silver)
    Liked
    2 times
    I submitted my claim on May 15th and I still have the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete". I had seen in one other thread here, someone said FCA told them it would stay like that until they had confirmation that the AEM was complete. Basically "We aren't going to look at your claim until you've done the update". I didn't believe it at first but I dropped the truck off at the dealer today and the service writer confirmed this is the case. They also told me they are required by law to do the update and if they don't they will be fined $25,000 (yes 25 thousand) by FCA.

has anybody else heard about this fine?

Also, for those who are choosing to not do the AEM, beware, you may not have a choice if you take it to the dealer for other work later on, they may force it on you if this fine is legitimate.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED QC 4X4 6'4" bed 3.55 gears
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by emelton77 View Post
    Sent my paperwork via USPS also on may 19th. Looked online last Thursday and they claim they haven't received them yet. So I used my phone to scan the papers and emailed them. Today I received a call telling me I have to send all 8 pages, just not the ones you sign and notarize.
    where "online"are you looking?? i cant seem to find mine anywhere..
    thanx

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajb3015 View Post
    I submitted my claim on May 15th and I still have the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete". I had seen in one other thread here, someone said FCA told them it would stay like that until they had confirmation that the AEM was complete. Basically "We aren't going to look at your claim until you've done the update". I didn't believe it at first but I dropped the truck off at the dealer today and the service writer confirmed this is the case. They also told me they are required by law to do the update and if they don't they will be fined $25,000 (yes 25 thousand) by FCA.

has anybody else heard about this fine?

Also, for those who are choosing to not do the AEM, beware, you may not have a choice if you take it to the dealer for other work later on, they may force it on you if this fine is legitimate.
    The dealer can't force it upon you. I suppose they could refuse to do any service or warranty work but that's about it.

A recommendation in another thread is to get the AEM installed, get the check and then get the GDE tune. This makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I watched a YouTube video on swapping out the ECM and it looks very easy. Remove airbox, remove 4 10mm bolts, unplug and install.

It's a win all around. FCA will satisfy EPA/CARB. We'll get the GDE tune everyone seems to rave about and some extra cash to boot.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Snail mailed 5/3. No response. E mailed 6/8. Tracking number issued. AEM DONE 6/18. NOT THE SAME TRUCK.
    Called yesterday. Apologetic but frank.

"Plan on a 3 month delay from e mail submission. Mail in is not counted. Throttle delay issue noted but no solution for dealers".

Wonderful... FCA, YOU JUST LOST A VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER.
    cajunhammer likes this.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links