Software Update and FCA

Software Update and FCA

This is a discussion on Software Update and FCA within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Soooo, just like everyone else has stated, this update is unsafe and sucks ass. I have complained to FCA and they say take it back ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Software Update and FCA

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Software Update and FCA

Soooo, just like everyone else has stated, this update is unsafe and sucks ass. I have complained to FCA and they say take it back to the dealership. Call dealership, make another appointment for what, for them to tell me we checked everything and nothing is wrong.

Hate lawsuits but this shit is getting ridiculous. Truck feels like I have a Prius! Minivan I had for a rental had more get up than this!

What will FCA do about this? Need more complaints? They flap jacked lied and said it would have no affect, but the throttle response is terrible and MPGs are about 2-3 less.

Need the deadline for first owners to be over so I can order the GDE. Is there anyway that the tune can be a tax write off since I use my truck for work?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Wanted to add that after the update, my oil life gauge stayed the same as when I brought it in.
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Bringing the truck back to the dealership to get looked at because of the shit software. I know they won’t find anything ‘wrong’ with it as it just plain sucks. We shall see

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Well, nothing wrong of course.

Their response, “you need to drive the truck a 100 miles or more, the truck needs to learn the way you drive again.” I said, excuse me? Let her try to explain then I left. I had driven over 300 throughout the week.

Thought I heard them all, but nope!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhammer View Post
    Soooo, just like everyone else has stated, this update is unsafe and sucks ass. I have complained to FCA and they say take it back to the dealership. Call dealership, make another appointment for what, for them to tell me we checked everything and nothing is wrong.

Hate lawsuits but this shit is getting ridiculous. Truck feels like I have a Prius! Minivan I had for a rental had more get up than this!

What will FCA do about this? Need more complaints? They flap jacked lied and said it would have no affect, but the throttle response is terrible and MPGs are about 2-3 less.

Need the deadline for first owners to be over so I can order the GDE. Is there anyway that the tune can be a tax write off since I use my truck for work?
    I don't want to get into an argument about how your truck is performing now compared to before the AEM update. My point is that your comment "just like everyone else has stated......" is not a correct characterization of the facts. While many have complained many others do not see a change or see an improvement. There seems to be a binary outcome of 'it is crap" or "no significant change except holding gears a bit longer onthe upshift." How the perception of the results can be so different is puzzling. Perhaps the key is the word 'perception" since I don't recall seeing any before and after actual performance measurements.

All the best,

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I too am having serious lag in acceleration until the engine is up to temp. My service adviser told me they know about the problem and had another ED in their shop troubleshooting the issue. No sense in me leaving mine there too. I opened a STAR case so at least my issues are on the record. I live in Cali, so will be trying the pedal commander. I'm relatively happy with how the truck drives once all the levels are up.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Would you guys recommend for the ones that have the paperwork in to just wait a few months to see if the amend the update?

Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    FCA just went through an expensive law suit that resulted in the crappy neutering AEM tune. My bet is they have washed their hands and are moving on. Thankfully, there are aftermarket solutions to the problem. So, get the AEM, the extended warranty, and the $3075. Take some of that money and obtain Pedal Commander or GDE, lag problem solved.

For those in California who are prohibited from seeking aftermarket solutions, I recommend to not get the AEM at all.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfever View Post
    FCA just went through an expensive law suit that resulted in the crappy neutering AEM tune. My bet is they have washed their hands and are moving on. Thankfully, there are aftermarket solutions to the problem. So, get the AEM, the extended warranty, and the $3075. Take some of that money and obtain Pedal Commander or GDE, lag problem solved.

For those in California who are prohibited from seeking aftermarket solutions, I recommend to not get the AEM at all.
    Californians can't "not get the AEM". California is requiring proof of the AEM before they will re-register the vehicle.
    We do have the option of SFT's tunes which I have found to be the perfect solution.
    SanDiegoED likes this.
    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    ARCHOIL 9100 & 6200 and PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Laramie
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoED View Post
    I too am having serious lag in acceleration until the engine is up to temp. My service adviser told me they know about the problem and had another ED in their shop troubleshooting the issue. No sense in me leaving mine there too. I opened a STAR case so at least my issues are on the record. I live in Cali, so will be trying the pedal commander. I'm relatively happy with how the truck drives once all the levels are up.
    Let us know how you like it. I’m in San Diego too and the lag is crazy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links