FCA is vaguely rejecting my paperwork and keeps harassing me!

This is a discussion on FCA is vaguely rejecting my paperwork and keeps harassing me! within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I am at my wit's end. I bought an EcoDiesel 1500 in 2014, loved it, but needed to sell it in 2018 to help my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

I am at my wit's end. I bought an EcoDiesel 1500 in 2014, loved it, but needed to sell it in 2018 to help my mom get a car. This year I get a notification that there's a settlement. Ok, fine.

I had to get my original dealer to dig up the original bill of sale, then I sent a single sheet of paper from the car dealer that bought my truck (it included my VIN, date of sale, and amount they paid me).

I have REPEATEDLY received mail from FCA stating "Your proof of vehicle sale or transfer is missing pages," but whenever I ask them EXACTLY what is missing, they don't answer. I called my truck title leinholder, who also gave me a copy of the check the buyer cut to the credit union to pay off my truck loan.

I still get "Your proof of vehicle sale or transfer is missing pages".

I'm starting to think I need to break away from the class action and get my own lawyer, since these jerks apparently want imaginary, non-existent documents.

Any suggestions from folks here?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2336 times
    Read the documents describing what they want for the various situations very carefully and provide what they ask for. Docs are posted on this forum a few places. You should also have received them from FCA. If you do not understand what they are asking for or cannot get them then call the claims number and be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes between holds and transfers and you will get the answer eventually.

While I still own my truck and did not review the paperwork for previous owners I found their requirements for documentation precise, fussy and clear.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    132 times
    Be sure to send copies of both sides of all pages.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed Granite Crystal
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags, Hellwig rear sway bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    499 times
    To retain a lawyer will cost far more than you will from get the settlement as a prior owner.

Member #
    Well, after multiple discussions, it appears they want an actual title from me. Which is weird, because in the state of Texas, you don't get the title UNLESS there are no lienholders (which my credit union was the lienholder, and they sent the title to the buyer once their lien cleared). So, apparently, they want a document I _never_ had to show that I sold the truck. They've promised to "review" my comments and get back to me.

These people are insane. They're demanding a document I never had and never will have. This is stupid.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfever View Post
    To retain a lawyer will cost far more than you will from get the settlement as a prior owner.
    Obviously I would exit the class action settlement and seek a separate settlement. Plenty of lawyers would be glad to take this as a contingency IF it's a valid case (I have no idea if it is. At the moment, I am doing my best to work within the guidelines FCA has set, but I can't just magically make a document appear that I never had)

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    21 times
    I've submitted my notarized documents 5 times. First wasn't received, second time they said the attachments were too large, 3rd I had to send to a different email and had me split the attachments, and 4th attachments still not working, and now 5 just doing it for shits and giggles

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1553 times
    Harassing? Hahahaha.

Good luck going rogue with your own lawyer. I can't see one even touching this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel
    Liked
    16 times
    As a former owner, I too felt like I was getting the run-around. I had to prove that I bought the truck and also had to prove that I sold the truck. First denial was that they wanted better copies of the contract where I sold the truck (it was actually a trade-in on an F350.) Promptly emailed them better scans and two weeks later I got another email stating the same thing - with no acknowledgement that I had previously replied. So, I immediately re-sent and then about a week later I got another email saying they needed better copies of the original sales contract. Really? So we re-scanned the contract again and emailed that and then FINALLY I got the email with the "release" documents which must be signed and notarized. I took the document as provided to 3 different notary's here in California and NONE could sign it. It seems that in Michigan a Notary has different powers and can attest to a swearing whereas here in CA they only have power to attest that you are who you say your are. All the money that the lawyers are getting and they can't come up with a release form that will work in 50 states? Sheesh! Anyway, the third Notary simply ignored their page and attached a California Notary form in addition and then SEEMS to have worked. I checked yesterday and it says the check's in the mail. Believe it when I see it!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Harassing? Hahahaha.

Good luck going rogue with your own lawyer. I can't see one even touching this.
    Well, I would have to respectfully disagree. I am clearly identified as a legal plaintiff in the judgement. I have provided all legal documents in my possession that satisfy the requirements. A rejection of what I have presented means that FCA is refusing to comply with the terms of the settlement. Technically, if they refuse to accept what I have presented, they are violating the terms of a summary judgement from the US district court. That’s kind of a bad idea on their part. If they reject now, I suppose I can work up the channels of the US DA office. My claim validity doesn’t change no matter how much FCA says it doesn’t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links