2014 cel after aem

2014 cel after aem

This is a discussion on 2014 cel after aem within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I was just wondering if any one who has a 2014 that had the scr replaced have any cels after the aem. I didn’t make ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cat man

Thread: 2014 cel after aem

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram 1500 diesel reg cab
    Liked
    82 times

2014 cel after aem

I was just wondering if any one who has a 2014 that had the scr replaced have any cels after the aem. I didn’t make it home from dealer when it came on the first time . Took it right back to dealer they cleared it within 100 miles it’s back,it’s P20ee if I remember right when they changed the scr they also flashed it . I was wondering if they widened the parameters with the flash and aem didn’t account for that

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cat man View Post
    I was just wondering if any one who has a 2014 that had the scr replaced have any cels after the aem. I didnít make it home from dealer when it came on the first time . Took it right back to dealer they cleared it within 100 miles itís back,itís P20ee if I remember right when they changed the scr they also flashed it . I was wondering if they widened the parameters with the flash and aem didnít account for that
    Might you mean P203e? I have a 2014, the SCR was replaced back in 2015 under the recall, and after the AEM I had a P203e code come on. The code is for the DEF level sensor reading intermittently or inconsistently. The sensor is seem welded into the tank so the entire tank must be replaced. My tank was replaced by the dealership under the new emissions extended warranty that the AEM provides. Take yours in and have them replace it.

BTW the warranty doesn't cover refilling the tank and the dealership said they couldn't transfer the DEF from the old tank without contaminating it. They wanted $90 for 3 gallons of DEF!! I told them I'll bring them 5 gallons to put in, stopped by walmart spent $18 on two 2.5gal jugs and brought it to them. They added my DEF, did a test drive to complete the DEF level gauge reset and I was on my way.
    Last edited by TexasRam; 07-02-2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: additional info added

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram 1500 diesel reg cab
    Liked
    82 times
    Code was P20EE when I had original problem with scr truck went into count down mode this time it has not so far any how they told me yesterday they are going to change scr again. I tried to tell them it was replaced already they insisted they had no record of it so I guess I’ll let them have at it it’s there dime
    TexasRam likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Larimie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a 2016 and for three years zero problems.... I had the Computer reprogramed for the EPA / Settlement issue and have had three issues so Far:
    1. When they reprogrammed the computer the engine oil life indicator went to Zero -
    2. 200 Miles Later the Check Engine light came on with code P20EE - they (local ram dealer said) i put in bad DEF Fluid and then drained the DEF tank - put in "their" DEF Fluid and charged me 500.00
    3. One week later - Came on again with the same code..

Now riddle me this? three years no issues.... they (FCA / RAM engineers) get their fingers on it with a crappy program and now within two weeks CEL with the same Code..

Anyone else having issues after the V08 reprogramming? Back to the Dealership Monday.. I'm sure that this will be a battle.

Sponsored Links