Acceleration delay after warranty work with request not to perform AEM

This is a discussion on Acceleration delay after warranty work with request not to perform AEM within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I took the truck to the dealer last week for front suspension warranty work and a few other items and now the truck acts like ...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoDiesel Laramie Crew 4x4
    Liked
    3 times

I took the truck to the dealer last week for front suspension warranty work and a few other items and now the truck acts like it has the AEM. I provided a written request to not perform the AEM.

The truck has long delays accelerating when cold and very little power until near WOT. When warm the delays are less, but the truck still holds power back for a few seconds then will accelerate. The delay seems throughout the throttle range.

The truck would spin the rear tires at takeoff even when loaded or with a trailer before this service visit. There were no delays on takeoff or when passing. The truck will not spin the rear tires now even in the rain on takeoff. There is a drastic change in performance.

Is there anyway I could verify if the truck was updated with the AEM using a scan tool?

Thanks for any response in advance.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4350 times
    The dealer would have noted it on the paperwork. Any mention of it?

Member #
    Vehicle
    '16 Laramie 4x4 GDE Tuned
    Liked
    33 times
    ^^^And placed a new sticker under your hood.^^^
    Brandon

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoDiesel Laramie Crew 4x4
    Liked
    3 times
    No mention of the AEM on the paperwork or under the hood.

I am thinking the tech saw this as an open recall and just did it. The service manger and service writer knew I didn't want the update so I assume there is no record of it if this was a mistake.

The truck was in for front suspension work (lower control arm, sway bar link, and bushing) and to have the wheel flares re-glued so there was no need to re-flash or update engine software.

I connected a scan tool to the OBD2 port and it shows 40 miles since codes cleared and 1 hour 48 minutes for total engine run time. This is how far I have driven the truck since I picked it up. If the dealer didn't update something these values would not have been reset.

Does the "Calibration ID" show any information on what SW is installed? The scan tool also shows this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4350 times
    What code was cleared? I would think the dealer couldn't get paid from FCA for the AEM without proper paperwork. I wonder what incentive the dealer would have to do the AEM?

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1422 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    What code was cleared? I would think the dealer couldn't get paid from FCA for the AEM without proper paperwork. I wonder what incentive the dealer would have to do the AEM?
    People have fought this before. Once FCA has a new flash, that is the one they use, my guess is the AEM is the new flash so if they needed to flash something, getting the AEM was the only option. Ive read and been told many times before about people getting an updated flash from the dealer they didn't want and the dealers response has always been nothing they can do about it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    People have fought this before. Once FCA has a new flash, that is the one they use, my guess is the AEM is the new flash so if they needed to flash something, getting the AEM was the only option. Ive read and been told many times before about people getting an updated flash from the dealer they didn't want and the dealers response has always been nothing they can do about it.
    I agree it happens often, but will be on the paperwork.

Sponsored Links