AEM and claim frustration - Page 2

AEM and claim frustration

This is a discussion on AEM and claim frustration within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Just spoke to a rep at FCAU and she knows people in the processing department, they are doing claims in the week of May 12 ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: AEM and claim frustration

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn Edition
    Liked
    133 times
    Just spoke to a rep at FCAU and she knows people in the processing department, they are doing claims in the week of May 12 now, they are slow and behind with not enough workers on it, this is a fact.

Once review and completeness is verified, they will get an offer letter out to you by email, you need to SIGN it at a NOTARY, and scanned electronically and email uploaded back, be sure the scanned electronic document is not more than 25MB, or their system will not process it, you can do two scans. Or you can use tools to reduce the size of your PDF that is easy to "GOOGLE" and figure out.

Then once they have your SIGNED/NOTARIZED offer letter they mail you check probably in a few weeks time.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you START the process by email and website and not through snail mail. People are getting checks but this is not something Chrysler is going to fund or process at a high level, DISBURSEMENTS are never expedited.

There is a deadline of August 1 for former owners to submit a claim so that is pretty soon.

Good luck folks!

@Woodstock, not sure if it's my lucky day but I got right into the Claims Center and the rep was both knowledgeable, fast and offered up a decent amount of information.
    jetlag likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    Has anyone been able to get an open line to the claim center? I have tried calling 1-833-280-4748 many, many times and always get a busy tone. Like many of you I sent my claim in back in early May which they acknowledge but according to the claim check site nothing further has happened. Is there another way to reach the claim center? Another telephone number or email address? Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.
    just called them the other day in the morning, stated 3 minute wait...was actually less than a minute. Had called them the night before and wait time was 20 min so I hung up. I've talked to them twice.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Eco Diesel
    Liked
    36 times
    Called them today, had a six minute wait after listening to their recorded phone message. Guy came on and reported that my claim was there and the Package
    was completed. He said they are processing May claims still and I could expect their Offer Letter within 14 days by mail.
    Whammo likes this.
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Eco Diesel, Geno's Garage Magnetic Fuel Cap, Blue aluminum DEF cap, cabin filter, Dee Zee steps, Rear floor storage Lock Kit, HI-Lift Jack, SNUGTop Hi-Liner Shell, bed liner and Weather Tech floor mats
    1971 Jaguar XJ, SBC ZZ4 with Comp Cam 383/200R, EZ-EFI 2.0 Fuel Injection, 410 HP and 470# torque, daily driver

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    That recording we all must endure is the gas poured on a fire for me. It clearly states the AEM will not effect drivability or fuel economy. Really? Just saying that tells me they knew it would.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    13 times
    Hello, I would share that my experience was very good. It did take about six weeks for FCA to respond to my initial claim. Once I submitted my paper work I had some issues with my pdf and each time they immediately responded. Not to be funny, they actually sent too many notices as I was traveling for work and could not re-submit. Anyway, I would like to personally thank FCA LaTreece Claims Processor for her each patience and diligence.

- Claim submitted
    - Document package complete
    - Offer extended
    - Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received
    - Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified
    - Approved Emissions Modifications Installed
    - Settlement Check Mailed
    jetlag and 97hmcs like this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I wish I could say my experience was as good as yours. I filed my claim by mail as soon as I could. I then filed electronically when it became available. I received an email stating that not all the documentation uploaded properly. I called and they issued me a new claim number so I could refile electronically. I have now received four emails stating that my claim on the original is incomplete. Each time I have responded by phone to try to get this corrected with no luck. I spoke to a guy after the third email and he assured me he would talk to the claims processor and call me back when it was fixed. I never heard back from him and then I received another email saying The old claim still needed more documents. I assume these are computer generated. Everyone I have spoken with has looked at the newer claim number and said the documents look to be complete. The last lady I spoke with complained that they are just a small department and can't really do anything for me.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate the input. Since the AEM and the overall debacle I’ve considered getting rid of this truck. Don’t get me wrong.... I used to absolutely love my truck. But since the AEM I’ve noticed reduced fuel economy, and other poor performance issues. But.... as of this past March I have a work vehicle to drive to and from work so I don’t drive it often and with the extended warranty I may as well keep it.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckydoug View Post
    I appreciate the input. Since the AEM and the overall debacle I’ve considered getting rid of this truck. Don’t get me wrong.... I used to absolutely love my truck. But since the AEM I’ve noticed reduced fuel economy, and other poor performance issues. But.... as of this past March I have a work vehicle to drive to and from work so I don’t drive it often and with the extended warranty I may as well keep it.
    I did everything needed almost 8 weeks ago and it still says being reviewed. I figure it gets done when it gets done. I bought the truck anyway knowing all the issues and it's free money. As far as the poor performance I did the GDE tune to solve that. In the meantime I am just enjoying the AEM extended warranty and had my egr cooler replaced. Still love the truck and wanted one when they came out and couldn't get a hold of one. 4 years later I ran into a good deal on one and pulled the trigger. That's with knowing all the bad things I've read online about the issues it's had. I can still say I am happy I traded in my F150 for it.
    VernDiesel likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '88 BMW 535is, Ram 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC View Post
    The facts are folks its a 6 month wait time. If you snail mailed then its probably not going to be processed. Its a pitiful effort and then the AEM is a miserable failure.

Incompetence at the highest level. I'm done with FCA...
    It's hardly Ram's fault.

Ram played around with engine management in areas outside of the published test protocol. The EPA unreasonably got their panties in a wad because they're the government and they can do whatever they want. A bunch of greedy lawyers went after Ram because they're desperate to pay alimony to both wives #1 and #2. The lawyers extract $56 million from future Fiat/Ram consumers, really screwing us all, and our "reach-around" is ~$3500.

In addition to Ram paying lawyer fees of $8(?) million, they have to develop/test the fix, pay the dealers to flash the ECU, and set up some vender to support the admin process. It's all pretty much invented from scratch. As such, there's sure to be flaws in the process. The process is getting figured out at the vender at the same time that 80% of all the claims are being made...the initial surge.

Ram got totally punked by this. It's us consumers that will ultimately pay. The process has predictable hiccups. Blame the lawyers.
    Steve49 and VernDiesel like this.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke
    www.Gress.org

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I sent in my signed and notarized offer letter and release form Friday. Before doing so I did have it reviewed by an attorney friend of mine. Her advice was to forego the offer. It's extremely well written for the benefit of FCA. She doubts anyone will be successful in arguing the driveability and performance aspects have changed in a substantial manner.

I'm doing what many have recommended and that is to have the AEM done and then get the GDE tune. The probability of the dealership installing the AEM is high so we might as well accept the offer and move on. We'll still be ahead by $2k+ which equates to quite a few cases of beer 🙂
    97hmcs and 3DHawkeye like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links