Reverse Order

Reverse Order

This is a discussion on Reverse Order within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I took my truck to the dealer yesterday for a P0299 CEL fix. Low and behold, they simply applied the AEM flash as the "fix". ...

Thread: Reverse Order

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Reverse Order

I took my truck to the dealer yesterday for a P0299 CEL fix. Low and behold, they simply applied the AEM flash as the "fix".

Mind you, I had not yet submitted my claim information to FCA.
    This should be interesting. I've had the "fix" before officially being designated as a party in the case. Fortunately, I'm the original owner and did not lease the thing, so the paper trail is very simple (perfect case?).

Even with that, I suspect the fact that the procedure was done before I became a claimant, will wreak havoc in the process of getting the money.

The claim is officially submitted now, wish me luck!

p.s., for all the gripes about acceleration, I agree. That said, I experimented with driving it like I used to drive my '01 Ram 2500 - Cummins - NV5600 6 speed manual. Mashing the pedal to the floor gets you NOTHING. Best acceleration was achieved by gradual but steady pressure to the pedal allowing the turbo to build boost. Once boost was established greater acceleration can be achieved.

This procedure seemed to help a bit. Now if only the tranny would stay in overdrive when going over an ant hill. :-\

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    22 times
    There shouldn't be any issues. Online it said you can get the AEM at any point, you just wont be able to get compensation without submitting a claim. Big emphasis on shouldn't.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1557 times
    No issues having the flash done first. Order doesn't matter when it comes to the flash, only that it's completed.

All too often the dealer turns to a computer flash as the 'fix', or at least the first attempt at a fix.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Sponsored Links