Another post AEM report - Page 7

Another post AEM report

This is a discussion on Another post AEM report within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by John Bartley . I don;t know where this "2.8 seconds" comes from. I doubt the average person can even measure to 1/10 ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Another post AEM report

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    . I don;t know where this "2.8 seconds" comes from. I doubt the average person can even measure to 1/10 of a second unless they have access to some decent timer.
    Cell phone apps time down to three decimal points, 0.000, I use one called "Hugh Stop Watch", touch the screen to start, touch again to stop. Back in 2014 automotive magazines that timed EcoDiesel 1500s were recording 0-30 times of 2.6 seconds. Post AEM I timed my truck four times, this was back when morning temps were in the upper 30s to low 40s. Problem is doing it without a copilot coordinating take off, timer and watching the speedometer is rather challenging, the end product is not one I would post as fact because it is not precise, but I will go as far as to say the first run time was about 3 times that, subsequent runs only slightly better.
    Last edited by tollmtn; 07-27-2019 at 10:07 AM.

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tollmtn View Post
    Cell phone apps time down to three decimal points, 0.000, I use one called "Hugh Stop Watch", touch the screen to start, touch again to stop. Back in 2014 automotive magazines that timed EcoDiesel 1500s were recording 0-30 times of 2.6 seconds. Post AEM I timed my truck four times, this was back when morning temps were in the upper 30s to low 40s. Problem is doing it without a copilot coordinating take off, timer and watching the speedometer is rather challenging, the end product is not one I would post as fact because it is not precise, but I will go as far as to say the first run time was about 3 times that, subsequent runs only slightly better.
    That's a fair answer.

I've never timed mine because I haven't seen any difference between pre and post AEM. It's always, since brand new, had a cold lag and a cold lack of power, but I think that's normal for diesels and I've always been able to negotiate a solution via the throttle. Maybe I just don't drive as aggressively as some on this forum do.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '16 Larry
    '16 3.92 . The recall here is as follows: v16 - emission control system software** V6 -2014-2016 WK DS 3,.0L (Canada Only). 18-V1-61-85
    They flashed the TCM and PCM
    After 1,500km post update, I have observed the following; pedal delay, towing torque unavailable ( 3500lb. TT), increased fuel consumption, shift point changes, and curiously, oil temperature increase at highway speeds without corresponding cooling temperature increase.
    FCA has turned my working truck into...me! Don't know if I'd pass any EPA emissions tests, but at least my truck will

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Now that number makes sense. It's the part number for the sticker they place under the hood.

The Software flash Version I believe should be something like the following format: 18V08185
    Unfortunately that's the only number on my invoice that has anything to do with the AEM update, and there's definitely no number close to the one above. Hmm, maybe the flash version is on the sticker they put under the hood. Also my stock ECM has a couple of stickers on it - one looks like it was documenting a flash update, so maybe they added another one to the ECM. Might be a little hard for them to get to, though.
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    54 times
    2015 with 3.92 gears, AEM completed 5/16/19, Op-Code 18V08185.
    97hmcs likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links