I did it! - Page 2

I did it!

This is a discussion on I did it! within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; John, of course your's is a 16 and mine's a 15 so who knows. I asked this of the forum a few weeks ago and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I did it!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    242 times
    John, of course your's is a 16 and mine's a 15 so who knows.

I asked this of the forum a few weeks ago and got no answers but have you serviced the MAP sensor? I speculate that it's possible that a carbon'ed up MAP might exacerbate the lag. I just haven't had the time to clean mine yet.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    John, of course your's is a 16 and mine's a 15 so who knows.

I asked this of the forum a few weeks ago and got no answers but have you serviced the MAP sensor? I speculate that it's possible that a carbon'ed up MAP might exacerbate the lag. I just haven't had the time to clean mine yet.
    I will say that my MAP sensor was cleaned at about 65,000 miles for the first time and I had the AEM done at about 78,000 miles and I am happy with it. I do notice a cold lag on downshift from 3 to 2 but it did that before too. No real difference in the lag for me.

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post

I quit servicing my own vehicles many years ago when I started working for myself ... no time, no desire. I can say with certainty that mine has not been service as the dealer has never had it apart.

cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    After work, the truck was cold, it had sat for 6 hours. It still ran fine. Shifting is a little different, it seemed to hang on to 7th longer.
    Mileage was hard to tell, it has been so long since stock, I couldn't remember what my mileage used to be. It is down a bit from when it had the green condition.
    I suspect if it was less mph than stock, it wasn't much.

Fingers crossed for the future few days till I can get green again.
    97hmcs, Kazimodo, jetlag and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Well this is tomorrow afternoon, truck runs great, better than before the AEM. Just filled it up 20 miles ago. So far the evic is showing 24+MPG getting home. That has been typical in the past. Tomorrow I have a 200 mile drive. I expect I will see 28 MPG or close by the time I get home in the evening. I also do this run once a month. Can't help with the trailer as I don't have one.
    lucskoj and Lucky Dog like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    I will say that my MAP sensor was cleaned at about 65,000 miles for the first time and I had the AEM done at about 78,000 miles and I am happy with it. I do notice a cold lag on downshift from 3 to 2 but it did that before too. No real difference in the lag for me.
    I ran the AEM tune for over a month before switching back to the GDE tuned ECM. One could hardly tell any difference cold or warm. I knew I was going back to GDE so didn't look at mileage very closely. My mileage was already disappointing on the stock tune before the AEM, so it was hard to care one way or the other. Definitely no horror story, though, as it ran fine.
    jetlag likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Bighorn Ecodiesel
    Liked
    1 times
    Mine's a '15, GDE tune. Checked mileage on about a 15 mile stretch on the way to get the update, 25.9 mpg. Pickup seemed to run fine afterward, except I noticed it slow to shift into high, then same 15 mile stretch next day, same conditions, 21.7 mpg. Can't wait to get my GDE back!

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robertl View Post
    Mine's a '15, GDE tune. Checked mileage on about a 15 mile stretch on the way to get the update, 25.9 mpg. Pickup seemed to run fine afterward, except I noticed it slow to shift into high, then same 15 mile stretch next day, same conditions, 21.7 mpg. Can't wait to get my GDE back!
    You can't check mileage over 15 miles. You won't have used enough fuel to bother filling and doing the calc's.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Have a 2016 with 26k miles. My ran fine too. First day it felt sluggish but after a few days it settled in. Mileage going 181 miles was 27.4

Member #
    Vehicle
    16 tradesman qc ed 4x4
    Liked
    29 times
    My stock 16 goes in Monday. Standby. Hope for lucky.
    2016 TRADESMAN QUAD CAB, ED, 4X4, 6' 4" BED, 3.0 WITH CD, VENT SHADES, ALUM FUEL CAP, DEE ZEE LOW PROFILE TOOL BOX, SPRAY IN BED LINER, CROME BUMPERS AND STEPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links