Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL) - Page 3

Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

This is a discussion on Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL) within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; My 2015 4X4 came with the full length tubes, tonneau cover and active shutters. Now two slats in the shutters are removed, the full length ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    46 times
    My 2015 4X4 came with the full length tubes, tonneau cover and active shutters. Now two slats in the shutters are removed, the full length tubes are removed (for several practical reasons), the tonneau cover is gone replaced by a cross bed tool box, the front bumper replaced with a winch bumper that is not exactly streamlined and the truck is leveled 2.5". BUT with GDE tune my mileage is actually INCREASED over stock, my only regret is not taking the reports on how good GDE tune is more seriously.
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tollmtn View Post
    My 2015 4X4 came with the full length tubes, tonneau cover and active shutters. Now two slats in the shutters are removed, the full length tubes are removed (for several practical reasons), the tonneau cover is gone replaced by a cross bed tool box, the front bumper replaced with a winch bumper that is not exactly streamlined and the truck is leveled 2.5". BUT with GDE tune my mileage is actually INCREASED over stock, my only regret is not taking the reports on how good GDE tune is more seriously.
    That's good to hear.

Member #
    My report is not a good one on my 2016 RAM Laramie ecoDiesel...

I have been noticing a very significant (read dangerous) power delay - mostly when cold - since the AEM update, and was suspecting a drop off on average MPG as well.

Today after reading this post I sat down an ran the numbers:

My average lifetime mileage per gallon up to the date of the AEM was: 21.904 MPG
    My average mileage mileage per gallon in the five fuel ups since the AEM was: 17.264 MPG

For those who might be numbers challenged, that is a significant and unacceptable 4.64 MPG reduction since the AEM update.

FCA will undoubtedly claim the reduced MPG is the result of the age and mileage on the truck (only 50,405 miles on the odo as of right now). So, I also calculated the MPG for just the last five fuel ups prior to the AEM update.

My average mileage in the five fuel ups just prior to the AEM was: 21.396 MPG.

The latter is clearly still a significant 4.15 MPG decrease in average miles per gallon.

My dealer will receive a call today and hopefully we will begin the process of getting me back the vehicle for which I shelled out my hard earned money. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tedwmi63 View Post

I have been noticing a very significant (read dangerous) power delay - mostly when cold - since the AEM update, and was suspecting a drop off on average MPG as well.

My average lifetime mileage per gallon up to the date of the AEM was: 21.904 MPG
    My average mileage mileage per gallon in the five fuel ups since the AEM was: 17.264 MPG

For those who might be numbers challenged, that is a significant and unacceptable 4.64 MPG reduction since the AEM update.

FCA will undoubtedly claim the reduced MPG is the result of the age and mileage on the truck (only 50,405 miles on the odo as of right now). So, I also calculated the MPG for just the last five fuel ups prior to the AEM update.

The latter is clearly still a significant 4.15 MPG decrease in average miles per gallon.

My dealer will receive a call today and hopefully we will begin the process of getting me back the vehicle for which I shelled out my hard earned money. .
    Welcome to the forum.
    The hesitation will be back to normal once you reach 150° F.
    Your MPG's have suffered as a result of the forced regen the dealer did as part of the AEM. I'm surprised to hear the continued decrease. Do you hand calculate or depend on the EVIC?
    There's no going back to the pre AEM tune. Your best option is probably an aftermarket tune.
    Unless your truck is registered in CA the AEM was optional.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tedwmi63 View Post

If you can tune it. Tune it
    tollmtn likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Basically it's side steps running the length of the wheelbase that help smooth out underbody turbulence, and a tri-fold tonneau cover cleans up airflow out back and a badge.
    Racing Stickers do make everything faster

Member #
    Vehicle
    RAM 1500 Laramie Limited ED
    2014 Ram Limited Eco Diesel. Post AEM it is a vehicle I would not have purchased. Turbo lag to the point of being dangerous. Wait long enough and you are at 3500 RPM sucking fuel and have to let off the go pedal, just to do the same to keep up with city traffic. FCA has turned my truck into a piece of garbage. It has been two months since AEM and my case is “still under review” Horseshit! This was supposed to be the truck I put 500K miles on because it is a diesel, meticulously maintained and to have this happen completely derails my expectation for dropping 50 large for the pleasure. FCA has their balls in a vice complements to EPA and CARB, Leaves me one option and that is to tuned this bitch to the way it was before.
    Note to self - FCA already knows if you have the GDE tune folks - Just because you don’t subscribe to UConnect doesn’t mean they aren’t taking telemetry from your vehicle without your permission. They can get the version of your ECM whether you know it or not; if it doesn’t match the AEM, then they know you are cheating and so your extended warranty goes by the board. So where does that leave you? Pissed off is where I am at. I just want my truck back damnit, not I have to spend more than Half of what I am supposed to get back from FCA to get the performance form the truck I originally bought. I am in the wrong business apparently!
    PS FCA is doing what they have to Ah-La EPA/CARB - they have a good product and I would buy again - only it would be a Cummins - and I don’t need that kind of capacity and is why I bought the 1500. GDE here I come, soon as I get my cash from FCA... KB
    Stock 2014 Laramie Limited ED
    ARE Capper Top
    Slide Master 1Klb bed deck

Member #
    Liked
    220 times

Quote Originally Posted by Alt-Tab View Post
    2014 Ram Limited Eco Diesel. Post AEM it is a vehicle I would not have purchased. Turbo lag to the point of being dangerous. Wait long enough and you are at 3500 RPM sucking fuel and have to let off the go pedal, just to do the same to keep up with city traffic. FCA has turned my truck into a piece of garbage. It has been two months since AEM and my case is “still under review” Horseshit! This was supposed to be the truck I put 500K miles on because it is a diesel, meticulously maintained and to have this happen completely derails my expectation for dropping 50 large for the pleasure. FCA has their balls in a vice complements to EPA and CARB, Leaves me one option and that is to tuned this bitch to the way it was before.
    Note to self - FCA already knows if you have the GDE tune folks - Just because you don’t subscribe to UConnect doesn’t mean they aren’t taking telemetry from your vehicle without your permission. They can get the version of your ECM whether you know it or not; if it doesn’t match the AEM, then they know you are cheating and so your extended warranty goes by the board. So where does that leave you? Pissed off is where I am at. I just want my truck back damnit, not I have to spend more than Half of what I am supposed to get back from FCA to get the performance form the truck I originally bought. I am in the wrong business apparently!
    PS FCA is doing what they have to Ah-La EPA/CARB - they have a good product and I would buy again - only it would be a Cummins - and I don’t need that kind of capacity and is why I bought the 1500. GDE here I come, soon as I get my cash from FCA... KB
    Just remember that FCA doesn't understand Fast Pay Makes Fast Friends. My $0.02 is: it's your investment, protect it sooner rather than later.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4553 times
    FCA already knows if you have the GDE tune folks - Just because you don’t subscribe to UConnect doesn’t mean they aren’t taking telemetry from your vehicle without your permission. They can get the version of your ECM whether you know it or not; if it doesn’t match the AEM, then they know you are cheating and so your extended warranty goes by the board.
    False
    Mopar73340, tollmtn and MR. TED like this.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Well IF FCA can actually pull engine and ECU data via 3G cellular connection (aka UConnect), then I will sure as hell pull the damn fuse to that module, or just rip it out of the truck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links