Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL) - Page 4

Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

This is a discussion on Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL) within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by vettelover Well IF FCA can actually pull engine and ECU data via 3G cellular connection (aka UConnect), then I will sure as ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

  1. #31
    RAM Bronze Member Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    2,797
    Member #
    6985
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vettelover View Post
    Well IF FCA can actually pull engine and ECU data via 3G cellular connection (aka UConnect), then I will sure as hell pull the damn fuse to that module, or just rip it out of the truck.
    a member here ( Mark Grue I believe ) as discussed that before ,
    a purple wire behind the radio , pull it , and no more communication with the mother ship .
    VernDiesel, tollmtn and vettelover like this.

  2. #32
    RAM Sr Member TexasRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    243
    Member #
    459
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    False
    I've not seen any evidence that FCA is able to get the ECM version over the air. However, they absolutely are taking some telemetry both without permission and without a Uconnect subscription. At Mopar.com under the "My Garage" section there is my current mileage listed with a timestamp. I have not been to the dealership in months so the only way they have this information is to have pulled it from my truck over the air. About once a month my current mileage is updated on the site, and isn't being done by me. I let my Uconnect expire 3 years ago. I'm not paranoid they are spying on me and not concerned enough to disconnect the cell antenna over mileage updates, but FCA does has some access to my vehicle info.
    Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)-mopar.png
    vettelover likes this.

    Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

  3. #33
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,855
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    I've not seen any evidence that FCA is able to get the ECM version over the air. However, they absolutely are taking some telemetry both without permission and without a Uconnect subscription. At Mopar.com under the "My Garage" section there is my current mileage listed with a timestamp. I have not been to the dealership in months so the only way they have this information is to have pulled it from my truck over the air. About once a month my current mileage is updated on the site, and isn't being done by me. I let my Uconnect expire 3 years ago. I'm not paranoid they are spying on me and not concerned enough to disconnect the cell antenna over mileage updates, but FCA does has some access to my vehicle info.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mopar.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	81756
    Yeah they call it vehicle health report.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    RAM Guru Henfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,068
    Member #
    20793
    Liked
    200 times
    I've been losing faith in Tfl. It straying from its original focus into many additional channels...becoming poorer quality in the process.

  6. #35
    RAM Rookie Alfa95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    39792
    Well, here is my update after the AEM. I had the procedure completed 06/04/2019. Afterwards, I noticed my MPG had gone down but figured it was because of the re-gen the dealer had to do. The very next day after the procedure, I almost got t-boned when making a u-turn. I stepped on the pedal to accelerate when there was traffic coming due to the fact that I was used to the truck actually hauling ass when I stepped on the pedal. It was one of the worst feelings in the world, sitting in the middle of the road, watching traffic head towards you, and the pedal is dead. Only when I held it down for what seemed about 5 seconds did the turbo spool up and the truck went.

    Here we are over two months later and my MPG has gone to crap in the city and the highway. I used to get around 20-22MPG in the city and over 26MPG on the highway. I now get around 16-17 in the city and I'm lucky if I break 22 on the highway. Turbo lag is very significant in the morning but is noticeable all day for me. I will never attempt to make a u-turn or a turn unless there is no traffic coming for quite a distance away. I have made my wife stop using the truck and use our Mazda 3 instead, because she was used to the truck taking off when stepping on the accelerator and now it's a very slow response time. I did the procedure knowing it was optional, knowing that for the amount of compensation there had to be significant drawbacks to it. I didn't want to do the procedure, but due to the fact that I have extended warranty through MOPAR, I didn't want to get denied in the future for an engine issue and have it blamed on not doing the procedure and having to fight an uphill battle.

  7. #36
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,855
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa95 View Post
    Well, here is my update after the AEM. I had the procedure completed 06/04/2019. Afterwards, I noticed my MPG had gone down but figured it was because of the re-gen the dealer had to do. The very next day after the procedure, I almost got t-boned when making a u-turn. I stepped on the pedal to accelerate when there was traffic coming due to the fact that I was used to the truck actually hauling ass when I stepped on the pedal. It was one of the worst feelings in the world, sitting in the middle of the road, watching traffic head towards you, and the pedal is dead. Only when I held it down for what seemed about 5 seconds did the turbo spool up and the truck went.

    Here we are over two months later and my MPG has gone to crap in the city and the highway. I used to get around 20-22MPG in the city and over 26MPG on the highway. I now get around 16-17 in the city and I'm lucky if I break 22 on the highway. Turbo lag is very significant in the morning but is noticeable all day for me. I will never attempt to make a u-turn or a turn unless there is no traffic coming for quite a distance away. I have made my wife stop using the truck and use our Mazda 3 instead, because she was used to the truck taking off when stepping on the accelerator and now it's a very slow response time. I did the procedure knowing it was optional, knowing that for the amount of compensation there had to be significant drawbacks to it. I didn't want to do the procedure, but due to the fact that I have extended warranty through MOPAR, I didn't want to get denied in the future for an engine issue and have it blamed on not doing the procedure and having to fight an uphill battle.
    I know it's too late now, but declining the AEM will not void any warranty. Consider a tune for and your truck will run better than pre AEM.

  8. #37
    RAM Rookie ECOBRAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    38474
    Liked
    9 times
    I find it so unusual that some like myself are experiencing no differences whatsoever, whereas others are having serious issues.

    There has got to be a simple answer, but they better figure it out ASAP.
    jetlag likes this.

  9. #38
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,855
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECOBRAP View Post
    I find it so unusual that some like myself are experiencing no differences whatsoever, whereas others are having serious issues.

    There has got to be a simple answer, but they better figure it out ASAP.
    Yeah it's strange.
    Could it be different trucks with underlying issues?
    Driving style? I know if you mash the pedal the truck is detuned. Some drive like this and some don't..
    Human perception?

    Several people claim to almost get killed when pulling out, etc. Some have no problem. Again is it driving style like if you typically allow a safe distance when pulling out you don't notice the lag and if you typically floor it to get out, it's now not the same?
    No doubt the truck is detuned until warmed-up to about 150° F. I had the AEM completed just to try it out and once it was warmed-up I would say it was mostly back to pre AEM with my particular truck.

  10. #39
    RAM Rookie McWillard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    41474
    Liked
    1 times
    It's strange how some are having issues others aren't. Talking with my service guy (3 weeks now in the shop) he stated it has been across the board what they have seen due to AEM. They have had some folks never come back others like me stuck in an infinite loop of things bursting. Others they have had to replace the entire engine and more. After the update for me I saw low power and horrible mileage. Was going to take it in but then I had a coolant leak that stems from added pressure after the AEM update.

  11. #40
    RAM Sr Member TexasRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    243
    Member #
    459
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    115 times
    I find it puzzling that some trucks have no change in performance after the AEM and some do. My truck seemed minimally different post AEM the first couple days, then after a few days it became terribly unresponsive. To the point where i would get honked by drivers behind me at traffic lights when i tried to accelerate and i couldn’t get up to speed at a normal rate. While i was trying to accelerate there would consistently open up about 8-9 car lengths between me and the vehicle that was stopped in front of me at a red light, even when we both take off at the same time. I’m not a lead foot driver at all, i generally give 15-20% accelerator to get moving. 4 way stop signs were embarrassing, i got to where i had to starting letting every once else go first then I would go otherwise i was the @sshole idle-ing through the entire intersection (even with my foot to the floor) making everyone wait and then speeding up as i cleared the intersection. Post AEM my mileage averages dropped to 19.25 mpg from pre AEM 20.5 mpg all hand calculated. As soon as i got my settlement check i ordered GDE hot tune and trans tune. Truck is better that it ever was Pre AEM. But those who are experiencing the performance changes with the AEM shouldn’t have to resort to a tune. FCA needs to find out what’s causing the discrepancies for some of their trucks and fix it.
    tollmtn likes this.

    Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •