Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

This is a discussion on Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL) within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; TFL has been receiving many of the same complaints we have seen here in the forum and they have now published a video and an ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Post-AEM Performance issues now being reported by The Fast Late Truck (TFL)

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

TFL has been receiving many of the same complaints we have seen here in the forum and they have now published a video and an article on the issue. Word from a Ecodeisel Facebook group is that the lead counsel is also looking at opening up a class action buyback suit.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/08/own...its-very-slow/

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4545 times
    It looks like they are receiving some good reports too.

"Here is an account that reports no negative driving characteristic change."

— Matthew Cresci: 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel HFE owner

” I just had the emissions recall (AEM) done two weeks ago, and this weekend I will be doing my first towing trip with the new software. So far I haven’t noticed any differences in driveability or fuel economy. This will be a good test because I have past towing data to compare it to.”

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    It looks like they are receiving some good reports too.

"Here is an account that reports no negative driving characteristic change."

— Matthew Cresci: 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel HFE owner

” I just had the emissions recall (AEM) done two weeks ago, and this weekend I will be doing my first towing trip with the new software. So far I haven’t noticed any differences in driveability or fuel economy. This will be a good test because I have past towing data to compare it to.”
    Perhaps it is because he has the HFE edition? I would think his software would be different than the standard Ecodiesel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vettelover View Post
    Perhaps it is because he has the HFE edition? I would think his software would be different than the standard Ecodiesel.
    How does the HFE badge change the AEM?

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I have a '15 Laramie, have no clue what HFE is, but my truck runs better than before. Mileage so far appears to be the same. Need a longer trip to see if it improved any

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4545 times
    Basically it's side steps running the length of the wheelbase that help smooth out underbody turbulence, and a tri-fold tonneau cover cleans up airflow out back and a badge.
    jsintx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vettelover View Post
    TFL has been receiving many of the same complaints we have seen here in the forum and they have now published a video and an article on the issue. Word from a Ecodeisel Facebook group is that the lead counsel is also looking at opening up a class action buyback suit.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/08/own...its-very-slow/

Good stuff, thank you for sharing. For those that are not having any issues, good on ya and I'm jealous. For others like myself, that are encountering issues, keep speaking up as this is not right what FCA has done.
    cajunhammer likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4545 times
    You can all thank the EPA if you're not happy with the AEM. Perhaps it's time for a class action lawsuit against the EPA.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    44 times
    Update on response to the TFL report.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/08/201...d-jeep-models/

2014-2016 EcoDiesel Customers Speak Out About Lag After Emissions Recall in Ram and Jeep Models
    Our inbox is getting flooded with reports.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4545 times
    This one is comical:

"Edgar writes: Agree with the assessments that the vehicle changed drastically. I have to enter a busy street every time I leave home. First few days I almost was hit every time I went out there. Now I figured a way to merge into traffic. I press on the brake hard, rev the engine above 2300 rpm and then let go of the brake. It gets me across the street the way the Ram used to be. I’ll be selling it as soon as I get my 3K. I don’t like my wife driving it. Too dangerous. The benefits of the diesel have been ruined."

Total BS as this will trigger a CEL unless tuned.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links