Something from FCA concerning the lag

This is a discussion on Something from FCA concerning the lag within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I found this over at the jeep forum (thanks goes to the OP) This is exactly what I had originally stated when this AEM was ...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Something from FCA concerning the lag

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times

I found this over at the jeep forum (thanks goes to the OP)

This is exactly what I had originally stated when this AEM was being blown out of proportion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Something from FCA concerning the lag-2.jpeg   Something from FCA concerning the lag-1.jpeg  

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    I suspected from day one that FCA put in some code in hopes of helping the bearing issue. I also made it know that approx. 150 degrees was the magic number. Yep I'm giving myself an attaboy.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    Things are starting to add up. Remember the FCA/EPA emails concerning calibration.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mooseeater and unnoho like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    Perhaps this AEM is a blessing in disguise for owners who prefer to drive their truck like a bat out of hell before it's properly warmed up. I'm not saying it's necessary to not drive before 150 degrees, just sayin drive it properly until temps reach 150 degrees.

I remember saying something like this early on. Lol

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2447 times
    The best information is the part about changing the engines warm up strategy to reduce SOOT to protect the MAIN BEARINGS ... Folks this is basically FCA acknowledging soot is the suspect in main bearing Failures.....

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haul N Grass View Post
    The best information is the part about changing the engines warm up strategy to reduce SOOT to protect the MAIN BEARINGS ... Folks this is basically FCA acknowledging soot is the suspect in main bearing Failures.....
    I never heard about soot being the problem Nevermind I think that guy named Donny mentioned it once or twice.
    Haul N Grass likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel
    Liked
    22 times
    I didn't read it this way. For me, maybe two different reasons motivating the change. With the new tune, it looks like regens are occurring more frequently (more soot) so it stands to reason that FCA wants to mitigate everywhere they can. The "DEAD" throttle response is REALLY present on my son's ED and honestly feels really dangerous. I really thought he was being a pus about the whole thing.... until I drove it. NO production car would EVER come out of the factory with a lag this bad!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    In all fairness it states to reduce soot and to protect main bearings. That's not quite the same as "reduce SOOT to protect the MAIN BEARINGS" I'm not saying there's no relationship, but it is "and" and not a "to"

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Perhaps this AEM is a blessing in disguise for owners who prefer to drive their truck like a bat out of hell before it's properly warmed up. I'm not saying it's necessary to not drive before 150 degrees, just sayin drive it properly until temps reach 150 degrees.

I remember saying something like this early on. Lol
    Here is the issue with everything you are talking about:

14-16 Ecodiesel owner drops off their vehicle to get the AEM.

The drive off in their Ecodiesel WITH THE AEM.

They don't expect the throttle lag post AEM

They get in a traffic accident because their truck acts completely differently.

Does that trigger anybody's "give a shit factor"????

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I didn't read it this way. For me, maybe two different reasons motivating the change. With the new tune, it looks like regens are occurring more frequently (more soot) so it stands to reason that FCA wants to mitigate everywhere they can. The "DEAD" throttle response is REALLY present on my son's ED and honestly feels really dangerous. I really thought he was being a pus about the whole thing.... until I drove it. NO production car would EVER come out of the factory with a lag this bad!
    We were typing at the same time.

The 2017 & 2018 ED came out of the factory this way.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links