If your waiting for a settlement check.......

If your waiting for a settlement check.......

This is a discussion on If your waiting for a settlement check....... within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I'm not going to write my LONG story of trying to get my settlement check on here, again, but I just got off the phone ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 7milesup
  • 2 Post By Dieselfever

Thread: If your waiting for a settlement check.......

Member #
    Liked
    52 times

Angry If your waiting for a settlement check.......

I'm not going to write my LONG story of trying to get my settlement check on here, again, but I just got off the phone for the 12th time with the FCA settlement "??help desk?? and it was no help.

I have been trying to get something to move forward on getting my check since I submitted my paper work on May 28th via snail mail and received on June 8 an email confirming that everything had been submitted and they were reviewing. Meanwhile the FCA claims web site remains with an X for not having the signed/notarized doc.

Since then, I have emailed 7 different times, all the settlement docs files ranging in file size from 7 Mb down to 1.2 Mb. Also, I talked to the second tier support and they gave me the "hot line fax number" to fax my document in which I did on Aug.7th. They said that as soon as they received them, they would escalate my claim and "the next day (Aug 8th.) the claim will be complete".

Well here it is over a week later and so I called today to see what was going on. Talked with 3 different individuals; supposedly escalating up the chain of supervisiors, with the final word being that, and I quote:

"We are backed up and have no idea when claims will be processed." " There is no use calling back because they can't tell anything more that what the system is showing on the web site and THEY are being told that it may be 6-8 months before things can be straightened out and someone can figure out what is going on". "The filing system is overloaded and keeps crashing".

SOOOOOOOO,,,,, if you get a check congrats!!!! If you don't have one yet, like me, good luck and you can probably save your time and breath calling the "hot line".

Got to love it!

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Mine was submitted mid May, and now waiting on the check. Seems to be hit and miss

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    230 times
    On Jul 7 the dealer was having issues with submitting my AEM paperwork but it finally the AEM complete hit the Mopar.com site on Jul 17 and the AEM website showed "Settlement Check Mailed" on Jul 18. Check was cut on Aug 12 and I received it today on the 15th.

It initially took less than 2 weeks from emailing them the signed stuff until I got the checkmark saying it was approved.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    All my paperwork was complete on July 23rd. I got my check today. I had submitted my documents by mail on May 6th and then electronically on May 20th. I had slow to no progress and called several times for updates without success. There are two types of people who answer when you call. Those who answer and listen to you complain but can do nothing to help you, these were the ones I got every time, until my last call. I made a point to call as soon as they opened one morning and actually got to talk to a person who could help. I went from paper work submitted to everything complete in two days. Everything was done electronically. So, my point is call early.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I think I have called every hour of a given day just about starting at 9am EST till 5 pm. Just seems nothing works. Appreciate that some got their checks. Good for you. Maybe my will come though for Christmas.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsmith2537 View Post
    I think I have called every hour of a given day just about starting at 9am EST till 5 pm. Just seems nothing works. Appreciate that some got their checks. Good for you. Maybe my will come though for Christmas.
    Maybe the fact that you are calling them incessantly is part of the issue. They are probably like "this guy again".
    Dieselfever likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesup View Post
    Maybe the fact that you are calling them incessantly is part of the issue. They are probably like "this guy again".
    Yep, take the military approach. Get in line, hurry up and wait. Seriously everybody, learn some patience. The folks hired to handle the settlement requests are overwhelmed and probably underpaid. Harassing them with numerous calls only serves to delay everyone's check. Chill out.
    7milesup and Captainmal like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6635 times
    My check was marked ..."in the mail" last week. I will not waste my time checking the mailbox. Never would I bother people, especially if they are super busy trying to deal with the load.

Just always remember the Clinton aid statement ...."never know what you will get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". People go wild for a dollar - robbing, cheating and even murdering for it. Then if you get that dollar it still does not bring happiness. Look at all those in a panic to keep their dollar safe from others.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Sponsored Links