EcoDiesel has ED

EcoDiesel has ED

This is a discussion on EcoDiesel has ED within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Feels like my EcoDiesel now has ED, and can't get it up, or keep it up. I've had my 2015 EcoDiesel Lonestar 4x4 for over ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: EcoDiesel has ED

RAM Jr Member SlowrTrfcKeepRght's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel 4x4
    Liked
    18 times

EcoDiesel has ED

Feels like my EcoDiesel now has ED, and can't get it up, or keep it up.

I've had my 2015 EcoDiesel Lonestar 4x4 for over 20 months now. Heading to work, I drive 150+ miles a day between Dallas / Fort Worth. At first I was getting 24 - 26 mpg, driving at 75-80 mph. After the recall and new ecm flash... I'm hard pressed to get 19 mpg. I'm not heavy on the pedal but I do drive fast.

Now I feel my EcoDiesel isn't what I wanted. I wanted a truck that can tow decent but I wanted better mpg. With the current mpg and now the turbo lag--- I'm quickly growing unhappy and disappointed. What's next?

What should I do... Get the complete GDE tune... Or trade the truck for what I want.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Rfaircloth30l likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    899 times
    That question can only be answered by you!! But if you liked the truck before the AEM the tune is a good way to not only make it the way it was, but make it better than the way it was. Add the trans tune and it feels like a totally new truck.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In Houston, and have same issue...And all I get is BS, from everyone at FCA, ECOsettlement and dealer...Im going forward with my own suit, they pushed this too far...
    Rfaircloth30l likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6858 times
    I understand the ED because I am old. What I do not understand is people who have been on this forum, read about GDE, learn the benefits and do nothing.

If you waited this long, sooted your motor to choking death, got the AEM and still did nothing, sell it and get something else. I have GDE and a pill that works for ED. I'm ugly, not stupid.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    I understand the ED because I am old. What I do not understand is people who have been on this forum, read about GDE, learn the benefits and do nothing.

If you waited this long, sooted your motor to choking death, got the AEM and still did nothing, sell it and get something else. I have GDE and a pill that works for ED. I'm ugly, not stupid.
    LOL subscribed, best AEM thread on the forum.
    SlowrTrfcKeepRght likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoJunk View Post
    In Houston, and have same issue...And all I get is BS, from everyone at FCA, ECOsettlement and dealer...Im going forward with my own suit, they pushed this too far...
    Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your own suit.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoJunk View Post
    I would go with the business suit (let them know you're serious), leave the casual suit at home Good luck!
    Last edited by 3DHawkeye; 08-16-2019 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Spell check
    97hmcs likes this.

RAM Jr Member SlowrTrfcKeepRght's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel 4x4
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post

Ummm... I am too old, but have no idea what you are talking about. People who do nothing...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Captainmal likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel; GDE tuned
    Liked
    36 times
    He means if you ran this many km without a tune, and the factory tune with the EGR running has already choked up your intakes with so much soot that you don't see, it's a failure ticking time bomb waiting to happen.

How many miles are on the truck. I guess there comes a point that if there's so much soot already in your intakes and swirl valves from the EGR and years of soot being sucked in, getting a tune now won't do much to fix the damage that's already been done to the engine. It'll drive better with a tune but the soot is already in there so a tune can't reverse any previous damage caused by it...

Have you ever pulled off the EGR diffuser tube to see how much soot is inside the intakes?

Depending on your mileage, you may be better off, if the deal is right, sell the truck and get something new. The damage could already be done to the engine, you can't reverse that...

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3758 times
    OP for how you drive and that you liked the truck I would take some of that settlement money and invest in both tunes since the AEM messes up both the ECM & TCM tunes. You will like the truck better than ever before. Better mileage more power clean oil less check engine lights etc etc etc. Even with 3.92s I can run 80 mph all day and average 23 sometimes 24 mpg. Hot Texas temps and longer drive times I wouldn’t be worried about intake soot but maybe that’s just me.

I don’t know what mileage you have but I had about 350,000 on mine before I started having issues. Then again I had it tuned at 30k and have long hot duty cycle or run times towing TTs etc.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links