RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Spokane AEM Service

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  SlowrTrfcKeepRght 
#1 ·
I needed an oil change, tire rotation and had a CEL for an oil temp sensor so I decided to schedule the AEM service to save another trip to the big city. Service tech called and asked “Are you sure you want us to do the AEM?” Followed by “You aren’t required to do it. If you’re happy with your truck I would suggest you hold off, if we do the AEM there is no turning back and we have not had good results....lots of turbo lag, decreased performance etc.”. He said he’s been yelled at by so many customers that the dealership will not recommend the AEM service until FCA comes up with a flash that doesn’t turn the truck into a dog. He ended our conversation with “you shouldn’t have to spend nearly half of your settlement money to purchase a tune that restores your truck to the truck you bought from us originally”.

I certainly appreciate his honesty and opted not to have the AEM done. Perhaps FCA will come up with a better flash if enough owners refuse the AEM and they are at risk of not meeting the EPA compliance quota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I'm so sorry, you should have taken the red pill. Then held off as long as you can for the blue one.

Welcome you've joined the ranks in the disappointed ED club now with your EcoDiesel. You're gonna lose 5+ mpg, and have the pleasure of experiencing Turbo Lag. (cue the deep voice echo) TTTUUURRRBBOOOO LLAGGG

The good news is that once your settlement check arrives you can get the GDE tune thru Green Diesel. I'm still impatiently waiting on my check. Once in the bank I'll be getting the complete GDE.

So, welcome!
2015 EcoDiesel Lonestar 4x4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
The biggest change for me is the cold engine lag that most have.
It still seems worth it to receive the settlement money. You could get at least $2,400 and the tune costs $700.
I appreciate the dealer's honesty. At least he's giving you information on which to make an informed choice.
We all hope that things like this lead to an update for the AEM.
Our trucks should perform no worse than the later models (before the new engine).

#7 ·
Mr. Ted, I don't understand your post. We probably agree, I think it's crap to have to spend on a upgrade like the GDE. For me my truck is not performing as it did or as Ram claimed. I'm forced to live with lower mpg, or trade in the truck, or go for the GDE.

I got the AEM done before I knew the after effect to my truck. Had I known, I'd have waited till the bitter end for the update.

Thanks STKR

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.