OBD Flash Tool for engine...interest? - Page 6

OBD Flash Tool for engine...interest?

This is a discussion on OBD Flash Tool for engine...interest? within the Green Diesel Engineering forums, part of the Vendors category; On the 2018's and newer trucks, will a security gateway module bypass be required? Starting in 2018 FCA added the security gateway module to prevent ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: OBD Flash Tool for engine...interest?

RAM Jr Member Valley Outdoorsman's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Outdoorsman crew cab
    Liked
    11 times
    On the 2018's and newer trucks, will a security gateway module bypass be required?

Starting in 2018 FCA added the security gateway module to prevent the vehicles from being hacked into via the 4G/LTE network, making it much harder to send information / updates to the BCM / ECM unless you bypass the module.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1029 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Outdoorsman View Post
    On the 2018's and newer trucks, will a security gateway module bypass be required?

Starting in 2018 FCA added the security gateway module to prevent the vehicles from being hacked into via the 4G/LTE network, making it much harder to send information / updates to the BCM / ECM unless you bypass the module.
    People who use the AlfaOBD app on 2018 have gotten thru , the way to do it is probably explained
    in the official AlfaOBD thread : https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...bd-thread.html
    surely be using same method to flash .

RAM Jr Member Valley Outdoorsman's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Outdoorsman crew cab
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    People who use the AlfaOBD app on 2018 have gotten thru , the way to do it is probably explained
    in the official AlfaOBD thread : https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...bd-thread.html
    surely be using same method to flash .
    Thanks, your "official thread" confirmed my point regarding MY18 vehicles requiring the use of a security gateway module bypass.

To temporarily install the bypass, you have to remove the radio, which unless you have 4 hands and arms, will require unplugging the radio unit which then will create fault codes. It all very doable, just a bunch of hoops to jump through

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Outdoorsman View Post

Yes it will. We make our own by-pass cable that does not require any tear-up, just a couple pins and plugs.
    bobcat67 and lucskoj like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2272 times
    Does it bypass the security same way on EcoDiesel as 2018 Cummins, remove 2 wires from odd port and use 2 wire jumper plug ? If so extremely easy

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2404 times
    Sounds the same the way you describe it.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Interested.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes interested. I have the Jeep Grand Cherokee though. Would you(GDE) be interested in the dealer recall flashed ECM for analysis? I would like to have a spare hot tuned ECM ready for swap immediately after recall is performed(when available). I just want what I have now with recall done and complete. Would be happy to have the recall performed and ship you the recall data ECM if you have interest?

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chadg2 View Post
    Yes interested. I have the Jeep Grand Cherokee though. Would you(GDE) be interested in the dealer recall flashed ECM for analysis? I would like to have a spare hot tuned ECM ready for swap immediately after recall is performed(when available). I just want what I have now with recall done and complete. Would be happy to have the recall performed and ship you the recall data ECM if you have interest?
    NO need. We will do that locally once the recall is released in the May/June time frame. Don't rush into the recall as we do not know what FCA is changing on the engine and trans tune, it may take some time to figure out.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    NO need. We will do that locally once the recall is released in the May/June time frame. Don't rush into the recall as we do not know what FCA is changing on the engine and trans tune, it may take some time to figure out.
    Agree 100%. Thank you. Will wait for others to work out the bumps. I just hope they don't come out with a fix for the fix a few more months down the road. Mine runs perfect now. I will need to hear about no problems with the recall before I pull the trigger on this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links