2014-2016 ecodiesel customers RECALL notice - Page 4

2014-2016 ecodiesel customers RECALL notice

This is a discussion on 2014-2016 ecodiesel customers RECALL notice within the Green Diesel Engineering forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by joeblue83 I have been waiting for the transmission tune to go on sale. I see it is now and am ready to ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 2014-2016 ecodiesel customers RECALL notice

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblue83 View Post
    I have been waiting for the transmission tune to go on sale. I see it is now and am ready to buy as soon as GDE is ready post aem and u07 recalls. An update from GDE is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Trans tune you can get now. Engine tune is 2 months out.
    lucskoj likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6259 times
    I expect to do a tow for over a month soon. No way would I get the flash and then run that in mine for the entire towing trip. That would trash my clean EGR system.

Then there is the issue of that extended warranty if I got it done before leaving. When things broke down, which I expect will happen with the stock tune and my long-ago turned off systems, I could find dealers around the country and let them deal with it while I sit in campgrounds for days/weeks/months waiting for them to fix the unfixable.

So I head out with GDE working and a smile. With my luck there might be an issue and I will have no warranty and the option to do a complete delete on the road to keep things running or maybe have to do more than that? No settlement for me then either.

Should I worry? Nah - I have beer and GDE.
    Kazimodo, GDE, MR. TED and 2 others like this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Something must of changed. Talked to someone on friday and said they were a couple weeks out for post aem/u07 updates. So if I order the trans tune now its compatible with both new updates?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblue83 View Post
    Something must of changed. Talked to someone on friday and said they were a couple weeks out for post aem/u07 updates. So if I order the trans tune now its compatible with both new updates?
    Correct on trans. We are building new versions as they come in.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    GDE, how about some guidance for those of us with your Oil Pressure kit.

Do we swap it back to OEM and run into the dealer for the AEM with a check engine light? Or do we leave it as-is which will cause a check engine light after the AEM?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    GDE, how about some guidance for those of us with your Oil Pressure kit.

Do we swap it back to OEM and run into the dealer for the AEM with a check engine light? Or do we leave it as-is which will cause a check engine light after the AEM?
    These customers will need to remove the oil pressure sensing kit and reinstall stock oil switch and wiring. It will read low pressure, but after you get the AEM, it will be back to normal. When you get the GDE tune update, reinstall the oil pressure kit.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    Sounds great, thanks. Will get the AEM and do the core return once your tune is ready to replace the AEM.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    My apologies, but I'm a little confused by this. If we went to the dealer and got the AEM now, and then sent in our ECM for re-flashing....wouldn't GDE just be able to re-flash with the last generation of software. I.e. after re-flashing my ECM would just go back to the software versions I have now? Sorry I'm just not following the threads here. I have an appointment on May 6 to get the AEM update, but I'm going to postpone that if I can't have a GDE replacement ECM waiting at my house when I get back from the dealer

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, 5'7" box, 3.55's, Air suspension
    Liked
    167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toddphilly View Post
    My apologies, but I'm a little confused by this. If we went to the dealer and got the AEM now, and then sent in our ECM for re-flashing....wouldn't GDE just be able to re-flash with the last generation of software. I.e. after re-flashing my ECM would just go back to the software versions I have now? Sorry I'm just not following the threads here. I have an appointment on May 6 to get the AEM update, but I'm going to postpone that if I can't have a GDE replacement ECM waiting at my house when I get back from the dealer
    Short answer is No. (And I presume you mean June 6 and not May 6...)

The reason is there are parameters and code in the new FCA program that may make the current GDE tune incompatible - rendering your truck a very large boat anchor. GDE is modifying their tune to work seamlessly with FCA's new ECM programming so that it transparently functions with your truck. Therefore you may have to drive with the AEM update for a while until GDE is ready to release their updated tune.

Bob
    2014 3.0 EcoDiesel, Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, Graphite Gray, Saddle Brown Leather, 5'7" Box w/ Ram Boxes, Factory bedliner, BakFlip F1 Cover, BedRug, Air Suspension, 3.55's, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Amp Research bumper step

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBobs View Post
    Short answer is No. (And I presume you mean June 6 and not May 6...)

The reason is there are parameters and code in the new FCA program that may make the current GDE tune incompatible - rendering your truck a very large boat anchor. GDE is modifying their tune to work seamlessly with FCA's new ECM programming so that it transparently functions with your truck. Therefore you may have to drive with the AEM update for a while until GDE is ready to release their updated tune.

Bob
    I am confused now too... I got a response from GDE stating that if I had the orig. ECM, put it in, take the truck in and have them do the flash, re-install the GDE when I get home.... BUT then I see GDE is doing some updating of the firmware/software so I have to assume the updates are so they can write over the stock ECM that got overwritten by the AEM update. So, I'm not sure why the old s/w wouldn't work unless you are using the orig. ECM and they can't overwrite it. From GDE: "Plug and play, no changes needed. The update is only needed if the GDE tune is overwritten."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links