I'm Impressed

I'm Impressed

This is a discussion on I'm Impressed within the Green Diesel Engineering forums, part of the Vendors category; Wow, what fast turn around. I ordered the ECM and TCM tunes late Saturday and today, Monday, at 14:45 MDT I received an e-mail stating ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I'm Impressed

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Eco Diesel, Tradesman, Crew Cab, 4x4
    Liked
    107 times

I'm Impressed

Wow, what fast turn around. I ordered the ECM and TCM tunes late Saturday and today, Monday, at 14:45 MDT I received an e-mail stating that everything had been shipped and the package should be here Thursday. This is great, I'll have the tunes installed in time for our trip to Glacier and Waterton National Parks. Woohoo!
    97hmcs, sourdo, GDE and 1 others like this.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. GDE Hot tune and Trans tune. Original owner 36,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I ordered mine July 4th will be here Wednesday. I am excited to get it in.
    97hmcs and GDE like this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Got mine today and installed it. I have a feeling you'll be pretty happy I am.
    Kazimodo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    107 times
    I received the Hot Tune and Transmission Tune yesterday, right on time as promised. I now have a question. Which goes in first, the ECM or the trans tune?

Thanks guys.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. GDE Hot tune and Trans tune. Original owner 36,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I am not sure. I only did the ecm tune. If you called GDE I am sure you get a quick response back. Seeing a lot of people seem to have the ecm tune first and add the trans tune. Good luck with install.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
    I received the Hot Tune and Transmission Tune yesterday, right on time as promised. I now have a question. Which goes in first, the ECM or the trans tune?

Thanks guys.
    Probably doesn't matter, but I would swap the ECM first.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    107 times
    Just got an email from GDE, three words, "It doesn't matter." Those guys really have great support.
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
    Just got an email from GDE, three words, "It doesn't matter." Those guys really have great support.
    Well any updates ? Did you get them installed ?

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    107 times
    The ECM and Trans tunes will be installed tomorrow, Saturday. Had to go down to Salt Lake today to the national model railroad train show. I have my priorities, you know?
    GRIFF4 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    107 times
    Got the ECM installed today, and the trans tune is waiting for the files from GDE to download. Have I noticed a difference? Yes! We were cruising a back road today when my wife asked if there was any power increase. I said, "Let's see" and stomped the pedal. The truck took off like a scalded cat. Wife said, "I guess so." She should know, as she is very familiar with the response from a big block hemi powered Plymouth Road Runner from the days before major government intervention. Can't wait to get the trans tune downloaded and installed.

One minor glitch in the ECM install. The hardest part was getting the doggone airbox out of the way. The glitch? Apparently pressing the throttle pedal three times didn't reset the oil life indicator because after about 10 miles I got the Oil Life depleted message. So I stopped and reset the oil life from the EVIC menu and all was fine as I had just changed oil a few days previously. The regeneration took about 20 minutes to complete after the install. The DEF gauge went right back to where it was before the install, even before I got the truck up to the 5 miles per hour minimum stated in the instructions.

Overall, very pleased.
    Kazimodo, GRIFF4 and TwoBobs like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links