transmission tune - Page 2

transmission tune

This is a discussion on transmission tune within the Green Diesel Engineering forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by dieseldave I want to do the trans tune, but I am not very good on the computer. Who could I pay to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: transmission tune

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    570 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldave View Post
    I want to do the trans tune, but I am not very good on the computer. Who could I pay to do this for me? A transmission shop ? A auto mechanic? A auto parts store ?
    Can you use email and attach/ copy an attachment from an email? If so you should be able to do it. If not do you have any friends or family that is more computer savvy.
    Last edited by Brokedownbutgood; 08-05-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    380 times
    The beer will be cold
    transmission tune-01a-big-smiley-2.jpg
    *****-------------------------- I hate "politically correct" --- Tell it like it is --- Be truthful --------------------------*****

2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler

Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1623 times
    I want to do the trans tune, but I am not very good on the computer. Who could I pay to do this for me? A transmission shop ? A auto mechanic? A auto parts store ?
    Had I not canceled my scuba diving trip to Milwaukee in a few weeks, we could meet up and I'd install the tune for you. I don't see myself getting up there anytime soon.

Leave Wed. to dive some shipwrecks with large shark populations, so I might not be installing any more tunes lol.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    380 times
    Dave,
    I know of more than one person who was likewise hesitant, they called SFT and Jimmy walked them through every step over the phone. You might give GDE a call, I'm sure they too would be very helpful.
    97hmcs and cds13ca like this.
    *****-------------------------- I hate "politically correct" --- Tell it like it is --- Be truthful --------------------------*****

2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler

Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM ED Big Horn CC 3.92 Air system 4x4 Ram box's
    Liked
    71 times
    I think that might be my next move. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jensen View Post
    Dave,
    I know of more than one person who was likewise hesitant, they called SFT and Jimmy walked them through every step over the phone. You might give GDE a call, I'm sure they too would be very helpful.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar73340 View Post
    I have only seen one negative post about the transmission tune with many praising it. I don’t have first hand experience with it yet but mine shipped out from GDE today so hopefully by the end of the week I’ll be able to sing the praises also.

Mine also shipped yesterday. UPS shows it will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck with yours.
    Mopar73340 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    890 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecosparky View Post
    Mine also shipped yesterday. UPS shows it will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck with yours.
    Thanks and good luck with yours also. Mine also shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow but won’t get to the install until this weekend.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    8 times
    Bring it over to Minneapolis and I'll do it for free. Or just follow the instructions and DIY. If you can sort out adding a photo to a post on a forum I bet you can get the tune installed.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    890 times
    Just installed the trans tune and drove a few miles. Luckily I was warned about the flashing error messages on the dash while installing. It’s easy and straightforward following the instructions. Immediate impressions as stated by others here, now the factory trans tune feels lazy. The shifts are now sooner and quicker therefore the engine doesn’t rev up as high as before with the similar amount of throttle applied and truck feels a little quicker. There is less gear hunting going up and down hills on the 2 lane roads I drove on. Overall a vast improvement noted for only a few miles driven. I’ve had the hot tune since the 600 mile mark so adding the trans tune makes it feel like a totally different vehicle just as the engine tune did. As a bonus my average mpg on the dash went up by .5mpg while testing it. What’s not to like?
    97hmcs likes this.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links