Tune on an older motor?

Tune on an older motor?

This is a discussion on Tune on an older motor? within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; I have a 2016 LL with 150k miles. I am getting the emissions recall thing done next week. I have heard mixed things about the ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Haul N Grass
  • 1 Post By Captainmal

Thread: Tune on an older motor?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 longhorn 1500
    Liked
    5 times

Tune on an older motor?

I have a 2016 LL with 150k miles. I am getting the emissions recall thing done next week. I have heard mixed things about the trucks after. I have only seen great things about the tunes, does anyone have opinions on getting the tune @150k? Is it bad for an “older” engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2375 times
    That’s like saying I’ve smoked for 20 years is it worth quitting now ? NO it’s never to late to stop smoking or stop the EGR from sooting up the internals of your engine, If your thinking additional stress on a older mileage engine, No if you have an engine issue down the road , it’ll be from past engine tuning utilizing the EGR gases/ soot introduced into your engine ... A GDE tune is nothing but good for these EcoDiesel engines...

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6536 times
    Guessing you INTRODUCED a new idea on this Introduction section. Can't say welcome - first post but can welcome the topic.

Read the above. Great analogy.
    DJL_57 likes this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1559 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haul N Grass View Post
    That’s like saying I’ve smoked for 20 years is it worth quitting now ? NO it’s never to late to stop smoking or stop the EGR from sooting up the internals of your engine, If your thinking additional stress on a older mileage engine, No if you have an engine issue down the road , it’ll be from past engine tuning utilizing the EGR gases/ soot introduced into your engine ... A GDE tune is nothing but good for these EcoDiesel engines...
    Excellent analogy. Never too late.

The tune turns off the pilot injection as well, which greatly reduces soot production. Your DPF and other parts will last longer.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Sponsored Links