2014 Big Horn Original ECO Owner - Now facing issues

This is a discussion on 2014 Big Horn Original ECO Owner - Now facing issues within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; Good afternoon, I put off joining thinking all of the issues were over discussed about the issues with the 2014 ECOs. However, mine now is ...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Good afternoon,

I put off joining thinking all of the issues were over discussed about the issues with the 2014 ECOs. However, mine now is ill and I just dropped her off after having its first real problem. 46,500 miles, one week ago I got a nice 3-way check valve CEL then a week later going to the dealer to have it taken care of under extended warranty, i noticed sludge in my coolant reservoir ( oil ). I dropped it off on Tuesday and we shall see. I'm guessing the oil cooler, but just beginning the process. I also have the AEM claim in and service adviser wants to do it now. I am so close to just Tuning and ripping emissions off if these problems continue or just trading up to a Cummings 6.7 on a 2500. I do hobby farm work (ranching) and my day job. I will admit she's never left me stranded. I also am on my second Uconnect Nav system and will be going aftermarket to Mistro if it fails again.

Ryan

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6648 times
    Welcome to the forum. First post.

Get the AEM done. That adds four years of warranty to the parts you are talking about. Crazy not to do that and pass that warranty extension up.

Report back in maybe the mechanical section with the results of the dealer's testing and your decisions on what to do.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Sponsored Links