New owner for a used 1500

This is a discussion on New owner for a used 1500 within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; How's everyone doing? Picked up a 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel last week and currently ordering all new filters & fluids as I have no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New owner for a used 1500

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

How's everyone doing?

Picked up a 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel last week and currently ordering all new filters & fluids as I have no idea what the previous owner or dealer I bought it from may have done. So far I'm impressed with so much about this truck; It's comfortable, quiet, has a ton of features and the EcoDiesel gives the truck a lot of oomph than I thought was probable.

Who's got some suggestions on a couple great "first mods" that are common? I'll be making my way through the site, especially the DIY sections. Thanks in advance to anyone who has submitted there, it's super helpful to see an active community when you get a new vehicle.

<>Ksnarf
    97hmcs and dieseldoya like this.

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksnarf View Post
    How's everyone doing?

Picked up a 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel last week and currently ordering all new filters & fluids as I have no idea what the previous owner or dealer I bought it from may have done. So far I'm impressed with so much about this truck; It's comfortable, quiet, has a ton of features and the EcoDiesel gives the truck a lot of oomph than I thought was probable.

Who's got some suggestions on a couple great "first mods" that are common? I'll be making my way through the site, especially the DIY sections. Thanks in advance to anyone who has submitted there, it's super helpful to see an active community when you get a new vehicle.

<>Ksnarf
    GDE tune. Shuts of the egr and lengthens the regen distances drastically. All of this makes for a much cleaner and better motor reliability.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel; GDE tuned
    Liked
    17 times
    Greed with GRIFF4, get GDE, it reduces your REGEN's by a LOT, prior I was getting regens every 125-300 km, now I get them every 1000+ km. Also saves your intake from SOOT, improves mileage, and reduces the lag when you take off and gives you some added hp. If you plan to keep the truck for a longer time, it's highly recommended just to prevent the truck from killing the intakes with SOOT.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    876 times
    Welcome and congrats on the truck. I’m sure you’ll get lots of suggestions on first mods but the one listed above is hard to beat!
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie LTD Crew Cab ED Black of course.
    Liked
    511 times
    Welcome!
    Any pics of the new ride?
    2015 Laramie ED 1500 Crew 4X4 Loaded. At 42000 kms now
    2003 GMC Duramax 2500 Crew 6.6 litre Diesel 4X4 Loaded
    1993 Chevrolet 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel Ext Cab Loaded
    1986 GMC 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel REG CAB Loaded

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6618 times
    Welcome-first post.

Seconds and thirds on GDE. Read what it is on this forum. Check your cruise control at about 15 mph. If it will not work until 25 mph, you do not gave it. Get it. Lots of clean and reliability advantages.

Also look into the current stipend with factory tune. Don’t think you are eligible but check. It is associated with a n AEM program. There is a section on this forum about it.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel BigHorn
    Liked
    419 times
    A tune of your choice, Bilstein 5100s, and AMP running boards would be choice. Matter of fact, it was my choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GRIFF4 and 4eyedconekiller. like this.

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RossCountyRam View Post
    A tune of your choice, Bilstein 5100s, and AMP running boards would be choice. Matter of fact, it was my choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second the Bilsteins.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    wow..

Thank you so much for all this information. I posted this and then didn't come back for a few days expecting little response to an introduction post as-is so often the case, but see so much support and information from such a simple request is very much appreciated.

as for GDE, unfortunately I am in California so it looks like I will need to find an alternative.. but reading through the posts about it as well as the site itself, I wish I could use it.

I'll take you up on the advice for the Bilstein 5100; seems to be good aftermarket replacement and will hopefully minimize the excessive body roll in corners.

The running boards are pricy, but I'll add them to the list.
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie Eco
    Liked
    36 times
    Welcome! If you can't plug a tune into it, read up on the Pedal Commander. It makes the truck a little more responsive and, in my opinion, a little more fun to drive.
    "A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."
    - Larry Elder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links