2016 Outdoorsman

2016 Outdoorsman

This is a discussion on 2016 Outdoorsman within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; Oregon resident here. Picked up from a local dealer as a certified pre-owned a few days ago and loving it so far. 28k miles but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2016 Outdoorsman

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

2016 Outdoorsman

Oregon resident here. Picked up from a local dealer as a certified pre-owned a few days ago and loving it so far. 28k miles but is immaculate inside and out. Has already had the FCA V08 recall performed but that's all the more reason for a tune. Haven't decided on GDE/SKT yet.

Crash68, 97hmcs, JohnnyMac and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2369 times
    Welcome to the forum fellow Outdoorsman owner...your making a good first impression, we like pictures!

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6644 times
    Looks aggressive and clean. Like it.

In Oregon you have the option of GDE. Just south of you that option is not available. Waste no time. Do the GDE. It is simple, reasonable, effective, and has a H U G E positive track record.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Leaning toward GDE for those reasons. Just have to scare up the $$ to make it happen.

Looking forward to towing my camper with it -- 26 ft Keystone sitting at around 6500 lbs. Been hauling it with a 2016 Touareg TDI (wife's car), which does just fine with it but lands pretty close to its max capacity.

Other plans include minor cosmetic stuff and a shell for hauling the dogs around during camping. Leaning toward Leer 100XL but not 100% decided yet.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Welcome nice looking truck.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    103 times
    Nice!

I have a similar 2015 but mine is two tone with black in the lower portion. Tows our 26ft/5k lb Jayco Jayflight 264BH just fine with stock tune and 3.55. In my opinion an Andersen Weight Distribution Hitch is more important than a GDE tune for towing.

I want to debadge the chrome Ram 1500 badges and add an all black EcoDiesel badge.

P.S. if you have towing questions ask away... listen and take to heart everything that VernDiesel says. He helped me out tremendously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Outdoorsman-20190307_091558_1564545588178.jpg   2016 Outdoorsman-20180629_105021_1564545664448.jpg   2016 Outdoorsman-20180513_085706_1564545777536.jpg  

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6644 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonah View Post
    Leaning toward GDE for those reasons. Just have to scare up the $$ to make it happen.

Looking forward to towing my camper with it -- 26 ft Keystone sitting at around 6500 lbs. Been hauling it with a 2016 Touareg TDI (wife's car), which does just fine with it but lands pretty close to its max capacity.

Other plans include minor cosmetic stuff and a shell for hauling the dogs around during camping. Leaning toward Leer 100XL but not 100% decided yet.
    This side lifting window, or door, on my ARE cap is called something like a "Sportsmans' Door". That allows access and ventilation to the bed and service from outside. With a large screen opening in that "door", it was touted to me as an option for keeping animals happy, healthy and accessible. I wanted it to get to my fuel tank and ease adding and removing other items from the bed. Very pleased with the idea.
    5-15 how to fill by Larry Malinoski, on Flickr
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Good looking truck! Not gonna lie, an Outdoorsman with a leather seat swap would be my perfect truck.

I contemplated GDE vs. SFT. Went SFT. Trans tune is in, and can’t wait to get the ECM tune in next. I’d talked to GDE a couple of times, and just wasn’t impressed with my discussion with them. They’re knowledgeable, but manners go a long way. Previously had PPEI.
    2014 Big Horn 4x4 CC EcoD.
    Deleted, Tuned, Tinted, and Leveled
    PPEI, S&B, Bilstein, Frontier Gear and Ranch Hand

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePatch View Post
    Nice!

I have a similar 2015 but mine is two tone with black in the lower portion. Tows our 26ft/5k lb Jayco Jayflight 264BH just fine with stock tune and 3.55. In my opinion an Andersen Weight Distribution Hitch is more important than a GDE tune for towing.

I want to debadge the chrome Ram 1500 badges and add an all black EcoDiesel badge.

P.S. if you have towing questions ask away... listen and take to heart everything that VernDiesel says. He helped me out tremendously.
    Nice, good to know. Going to see how she does with the trailer before I do any ECU stuff. Already have a weight distribution hitch which has worked great with the Touareg. Just have to get out and make sure the drop isn't way off or I'll need to swap it out.

Debadge is probably in the future too.

BTW, nice truck. Read through your build thread and learned some useful stuff!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    This side lifting window, or door, on my ARE cap is called something like a "Sportsmans' Door". That allows access and ventilation to the bed and service from outside. With a large screen opening in that "door", it was touted to me as an option for keeping animals happy, healthy and accessible. I wanted it to get to my fuel tank and ease adding and removing other items from the bed. Very pleased with the idea.
    Nice, had no idea that was available until now. Definitely going to look into that. Perfect for what I'll be using it for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links