Hi from Texas

Hi from Texas

This is a discussion on Hi from Texas within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; I bought a 2014 Eco diesel with 6,000 miles, I don't use it much currently I'm looking at 18,500 miles its still new for me. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ronald

Thread: Hi from Texas

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Red face Hi from Texas

I bought a 2014 Eco diesel with 6,000 miles, I don't use it much currently I'm looking at 18,500 miles its still new for me. I'm learning all I cam about it
    97hmcs, shawclan5 and Mopar73340 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Bighorn (named Silver)
    Liked
    2 times
    Welcome! 2014 with only 18k miles is amazing, I hope it's treating you well. Good luck with your learning, there's a wealth of knowledge and great people to learn from

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie Eco
    Liked
    37 times
    Welcome!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6659 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Having a near new 2014 is quite a treat to read about. Read around here and learn more on how to keep it running like new.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3677 times
    Welcome Ronald enjoy the forum & the truck. Useful things to know; keep an eye on your coolant reservoir or degas tank. Some 14s had oil coolers that didn’t get the shaving cleaned out and the shaving would wear through an internal passage and cause oil to get in your coolant. If you see the reservoir tank go black you know what has happened. Heads up 5 years from when the original owner took possession your 5 year warranty is due to expire. You should find out when this is and get any leaks documented at a dealership prior to this expiration so that it can be covered under warranty should a problem arise.

Also many EGR coolers develop a leak (thanks EPA) and you start losing coolant out the pipes so again keep an eye on the degas tank to make sure coolant stays to the seam or higher. If in time it develops a leak the degas tank coolant level only drops so far while rest of the system continues to drop wreaking havoc. Last if you do the dreaded AEM update to collect some Chrysler bucks the emissions stuff such as the EGR cooler gets its warranty extended.

PS under your avatar you might consider adding in your general location & model like abj below you did. Both can be helpful when fielding questions. Such as using a bra and or oil heater in the northern winters or telling the Big Horn owners they could benefit from a less restrictive grill when towing in the hot summers.
    Last edited by VernDiesel; 08-01-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Sponsored Links