New To Ecodiesel in Michigan

This is a discussion on New To Ecodiesel in Michigan within the Introductions forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; From in the Thumb area in Michigan. Looking to pick up my first Ecodiesel. A 2018 Ram Bighorn. Not 100% knowledgable about diesels. Learning as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New To Ecodiesel in Michigan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram Big Horn 1500
    Liked
    5 times

From in the Thumb area in Michigan. Looking to pick up my first Ecodiesel. A 2018 Ram Bighorn. Not 100% knowledgable about diesels. Learning as I go. Trying to find ways to make my investment last as long as possible. Long term investment was how I sold this to the boss (my wife who is an accountant and CHEAP!).
    97hmcs, Captainmal and HYDREX like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2415 times
    You'll probably get a few suggestions to get a GDE tune at least you can take a road trip to Commerce Charter Twp :-D Bring cash... probably best not to say anything to the boss..lol.
    Where about in the Thumb are you? I go hunting in Filion/Bad Axe area.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    898 times
    Welcome. You can learn plenty about the ED right here.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram Big Horn 1500
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    You'll probably get a few suggestions to get a GDE tune at least you can take a road trip to Commerce Charter Twp :-D Bring cash... probably best not to say anything to the boss..lol.
    Where about in the Thumb are you? I go hunting in Filion/Bad Axe area.
    I am in Berlin Twp. Just south of Capac. About an hour from Bad Axe
    Crash68 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram Big Horn 1500
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar73340 View Post
    Welcome. You can learn plenty about the ED right here.
    Looking forward to learning. So much to read and soak in.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6827 times
    You’d sure attractedthe”bigshots” of this forum. Welcome.

Saw a big buck this morning at my place in Georgia. Also saw a hunter with a few hundred acres near me and his new 2018 Ecodiesel. He has GDE when we met on a trail road hauling our tractors. That is what we talked about. The nicest people have Ecodiesel. Enjoy yours.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1680 times
    Welcome to the forum. Read a lot, take good care of your truck and it will take care of you.

The search function on the forum is mediocre, give it a shot with any questions you might have.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel 4x4
    Liked
    102 times
    Welcome to the Forum. Yep, GDE is the way to go. Mine runs so much better with it. One way to sell it to the boss is that it will pay for itself in 3-4 years with the increased gas mileage. (this is what I did )
    2015 RAM 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel 4X4 , GDE Hot Tune

2014 Buick Regal GS AWD

Mike

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie Eco
    Liked
    59 times
    Welcome! I have a 2018 that I've had for about a year and had zero problems. I do not have GDE, but definitely will at some point. Great info here on the forum. For what it's worth, my wife has been anti-diesel for years because of the smell and noise (which this truck has neither). When I asked her to test drive this one, she was amazed and now I have to fight her for it. I generally end up driving her MDX.....Happy wife, happy life...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram Big Horn 1500
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Welcome! I have a 2018 that I've had for about a year and had zero problems. I do not have GDE, but definitely will at some point. Great info here on the forum. For what it's worth, my wife has been anti-diesel for years because of the smell and noise (which this truck has neither). When I asked her to test drive this one, she was amazed and now I have to fight her for it. I generally end up driving her MDX.....Happy wife, happy life...
    Yeah, she is just more or less against spending money. She's not just our accountant, but is actually an accountant. So spending money is not something we do often HAHA. But, we had either the change to buy out a lease I had for a Silverado 1500 that was a pretty decent deal to buy out. But when I showed her the savings for the diesel (with no tune) compared to the Silverado, and the longevity factor, she was sold. And then she got to drive it, so shes super jealous. She lovers her Buick, but I can see her wanting to drive the Ecodiesel as often as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links