Swedish Rams and a VW pickup

This is a discussion on Swedish Rams and a VW pickup within the Off Topic Lounge forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel - Off-Topic Lounge category; Amusing ad. The Ram 1500 Hemi is evidently sold in Sweden along with the smaller VW Amarok pickup. The Amarok may be introduced into North ...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC Long Box in Prairie Pearl. Former 1500 EcoDiesel owner.
    Liked
    362 times

Amusing ad. The Ram 1500 Hemi is evidently sold in Sweden along with the smaller VW Amarok pickup.

The Amarok may be introduced into North America. It uses a 2.0L TDI diesel with 310 lb-ft of torque and 177 hp, and it comes in rear-wheel drive and 4Motion.

Swedish Rams and a VW pickup-swedish-ram-ad.jpg

Member #
    Vehicle
    2002 Toyota 4Runner, 2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab, 1955 M38A1 Korean War Willys Jeep, 2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    11 times
    Didn't know VW had such a truck in Europe.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by parco View Post
    Didn't know VW had such a truck in Europe.
    You can get them in Mexico too. I saw one in person just a few weeks ago and took some pics and a video. I was impressed although I will never own another VW. I have a 2013 that is always in for warranty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have owned a couple Vdubs. A 2003 Jetta TDI and a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportswagen. The 2003 was rock solid other than the right front and rear door lock mechanisms it was a good vehicle. Easy to work on and in 10 years one thermostat and a water temp sensor was all that it needed other than the 100k mile timing belt/water pump service. Averaged close to 50 mpg most of the time and ran so good we sold it to the wifes best friend at 200k and she loves it. Course the F150 she had prior to it only got 17 miles per gallon.
    The 2011 we bought used and had a problem with sensors going out. VW took it in and paid to have the injection rail and associated parts changed out. Hasn't had a hiccup in the last 2 years.

I would love to see that truck sold in the US.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 F150 SCAB 2.7 Ecoboost Sport 2015 F350 Platinum, 2014 Ram EcoDiesel Standard Cab
    Liked
    31 times
    I was in Mexico over Easter and saw a few Amaroks. Good looking truck. Didn't look small to me. All TDI's.
    It could be a seller for VW if they brought it up here.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2003 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Liked
    47 times
    I've seen a few Amaroks in Brazil. Good looking truck. Also saw a few of the new Chevy S-10s with the 2.8L Duramax engine. Heck, even saw a few Dodge Rams down there too!

Sponsored Links