Musings

Musings

This is a discussion on Musings within the Off Topic Lounge forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel - Off-Topic Lounge category; The latest round of comments about the dealership staff makes we wonder what the customers of the people on this forum would have to say ...

Thread: Musings

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2369 times

Musings

The latest round of comments about the dealership staff makes we wonder what the customers of the people on this forum would have to say about how they do their job?

Probably not a popular question but it sure is easy to be critical and it sure is easy to think the other guy's job is so easy and yours is so difficult. I fall into this trap sometimes and usually hate it afterwards if something causes me to think about it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1318 times
    I can recognize lazy , and not interested , when you work in a trade
    it is not necessary anymore to actually show interest in what others do , so most don't ,
    as soon as someone asks any small question , the face tells you , I don't know , I don''t want to know .
    direct result of the "" I don't have to study , they are not aloud to fail me "" generation .
    those are the ones we dare comment about Howie , the smart ones do great .
    Just my 2c.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 4x4 Laramie longbox crewcab
    Liked
    681 times
    When my customers complain that their tools are acting up, I politely remind them that I'm working on the most complicated machines ever made by man, and not a simple car. Shuts them up pretty quick.
    2014 4x4 Laramie Crewcab, Longbox, 3.55, every option except RamBoxes and parking sensors.
    1A Auto power folding tow mirrors, Mopar wheel to wheel bars, Access Lorado tonneau cover
    Weathertech floormats & mudflaps, TrailFX hood protector, Edge Insight CTS, GDE Hot Tune

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    569 times
    Unfortunately lots of dealerships not just fca are full of parts changers that only think about money and they dont get paid to put in extra effort. Basic troubleshooting only pays one hour so most are willing to put in very little effort they would rather do something that pays well like brake jobs that take 30 minutes but pay one and a half hours. Most industries outside of automotive see the issue and stick with hourly for that reason.

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    345 times
    1 thing that irks me, my dealership treats me great, I've seen and overheard where women who were not car savy were given inflated estimates. My brother's wife took his 35,000 mile Jeep Commander in for an oil changer, they had her convinced, it needed $1,500 of parts and work to get an inspection sticker. My brother is a state certified inspection mechanic. Brought the Jeep back to his shop, tires were half worn out, brake pads were like new, hemi spark plugs were still fine, on and on. He drives a Ford now. Heard other women getting the shaft, that they would never try on a man... It's not just my Dodge dealer, Toyota, Mazda etc just as bad..
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie LTD Crew Cab ED Black of course.
    Liked
    511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    I can recognize lazy , and not interested , when you work in a trade
    it is not necessary anymore to actually show interest in what others do , so most don't ,
    as soon as someone asks any small question , the face tells you , I don't know , I don''t want to know .
    direct result of the "" I don't have to study , they are not aloud to fail me "" generation .
    those are the ones we dare comment about Howie , the smart ones do great .
    Just my 2c.
    Well said brother...
    2015 Laramie ED 1500 Crew 4X4 Loaded. At 42000 kms now
    2003 GMC Duramax 2500 Crew 6.6 litre Diesel 4X4 Loaded
    1993 Chevrolet 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel Ext Cab Loaded
    1986 GMC 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel REG CAB Loaded

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HYDREX View Post
    1 thing that irks me, my dealership treats me great, I've seen and overheard where women who were not car savy were given inflated estimates. My brother's wife took his 35,000 mile Jeep Commander in for an oil changer, they had her convinced, it needed $1,500 of parts and work to get an inspection sticker. My brother is a state certified inspection mechanic. Brought the Jeep back to his shop, tires were half worn out, brake pads were like new, hemi spark plugs were still fine, on and on. He drives a Ford now. Heard other women getting the shaft, that they would never try on a man... It's not just my Dodge dealer, Toyota, Mazda etc just as bad..
    Happens all the time.
    I was getting my Duramax emissions checked one day and sat in the waiting room waiting for the work to be done whilst the service "adviser" told some woman that she needed about $3,000 worth of brake work for her $800.00 car.
    It was everything I could do not to bud in and flip out on this clown but he was just doing his job which is to of course rip off people when they don't know any better.

Suddenly the "advisers" phone rang which gave me a chance to speak with the lady where I convinced her to go somewhere else to get a 2nd opinion. That clown had her convinced she would die or kill someone if she drove her car. I asked her, did the car make any grinding noises when she braked ?- NO. Does it pull to the left or right when braking ? - NO. Does it stop? - YUP.
    That is when a light went off in her head and suddenly she had renewed confidence about her car, thanked me and then left the garage.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6635 times
    Just got my truck back from a week at a "franchised" body shop. About a month ago I was parked in a shopping center lot waiting for the wife to shop. In a lined spot some elderly lady backed out across the isle and all the way across, into the side of my truck. Had to contact police as she did not have or know about her insurance. They came, found the information and I took many relevant pictures.

HER insurance took statements, investigated and agreed to fix it for me. They chose the repair shop and also gave me a rental Dodge Challenger. If the lady would have taken me up on my offer it could have been fixed for less than $500. I got an estimate but her husband said to let insurance handle it. They did.

That body shop took five days to do the repair. Their billing showed complete removal of the cap, bed, disassembly of parts, bumper etc. They then added paint and supplies to get a total of about $1,300 PLUS my rental car. I looked at the repair. Fine.

Only kicker is there was NO evidence of there ever been any cap or bed removal. I have tools, parts, clamps, wire ties for extra tank vent and more totally undisturbed. Scam. Bet they sucked out the large dent with cups of different sizes. Then guessing they did a small hole for a final pull with simple weld, polish and patch paint. That's what I see. These shops sure rip off people to make their big bucks.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    511 times
    No surprise however they really bilked/cheated the insurance company.
    The rest of us will get bent over because of these unscrupulous shops.

Sponsored Links