Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired - Page 3

Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired

This is a discussion on Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired within the Off Topic Lounge forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel - Off-Topic Lounge category; This product is still available on Amazon. Also similar products. Look under chain lube....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel 4X4 Crew 3.55 gears 20” tires Air ride
    Liked
    23 times
    This product is still available on Amazon. Also similar products. Look under chain lube.
    roegs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VernDiesel View Post
    The GM has an aluminum block?? . Yikes Reminds me of the Cadillac 4.1 where mechanics would unwittingly over torque the intake manifold bolts after repairs or service and tweak the flimsy aluminum block just enough that the engine would self destruct like an Ecodiesel only with no warranty coverage.

Hi: Bgbdwlf2500... Maybe a larger feed bag with more oats for the horses Eh? Only at WOT.
    My first new car was an 82 Subie wagon with the AL block and head 4 banger. Any service garage would only do a full service on a stone cold engine for fear of over torqueing the head.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs View Post
    ........... My biggest complaint so far? The small detent roller on the door hinges!
    I'm still looking for a lube that will quiet that roller as it spins with the door opening / closing.
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post914642

I see you were in that thread too , you still have the front door hinges squeaking and growling ??
    my lithium grease did not work immediately , but I haven't heard the growling in many months .
    roegs and ajb3015 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogallen View Post
    This product is still available on Amazon. Also similar products. Look under chain lube.
    Wonder if bike chain lube would work? Some it contains Teflon.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Limited
    Liked
    660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post

I see you were in that thread too , you still have the front door hinges squeaking and growling ??
    my lithium grease did not work immediately , but I haven't heard the growling in many months .
    Kazi....thanks for searching back on that previous thread. This issue of hinge roller groan is the weirdest thing for me. Only seems to do it in warmer weather. I've tried various lubes (not chain lube yet though) and they all seem to do the trick at initial application, but the groan returns. Sounds like Howie has the solution but he's not willing to share!
    2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited, 3.92 gears, air suspension, towing package.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Limited
    Liked
    660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogallen View Post
    You're right! This looks to be the stuff.

Howie....is this the secret sauce that you're hoarding?

https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Non-St...98994479&psc=1
    2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited, 3.92 gears, air suspension, towing package.

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Kazi....thanks for searching back on that previous thread. This issue of hinge roller groan is the weirdest thing for me. Only seems to do it in warmer weather. I've tried various lubes (not chain lube yet though) and they all seem to do the trick at initial application, but the groan returns. Sounds like Howie has the solution but he's not willing to share!
    Hi: roegs... My door groaned till I had the truck "Krown" undercoated. Now the problem is the door's so slippery it won't stay open but it's silent!!! "WATCH YOUR HEAD".
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1188 times
    ..very possible that my door will start to groan again once summer finally arrives ,
    it's still cold here as in March , that would explain my many months with silent door .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Bighorn (named Silver)
    Liked
    2 times

I've always used lithium grease and it works like a charm. we have a tub of it that my dad bought before i was born and it's my go-to for any automotive squeaks or groans. It must work well if we use so little that it's lasted this long

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1061 times

jesus... mine does this too. sounds like a 30 year old rust bucket. aggravating.

I've tried Li grease to no avail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links