Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired - Page 4

Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired

This is a discussion on Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired within the Off Topic Lounge forums, part of the Off Topic Section category; Originally Posted by shaggn85 .. mine does this too. sounds like a 30 year old rust bucket. aggravating. Yep...that's the sound! Kinda humbling when I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Three 1/2 Ton Diesels Compaired

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Limited
    Liked
    681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggn85 View Post
    .. mine does this too. sounds like a 30 year old rust bucket. aggravating.

Yep...that's the sound! Kinda humbling when I pull up to the front door of a classy restaurant and my door makes that sound.
    2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited, 3.92 gears, air suspension, towing package.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1505 times
    silicone grease , plumber's grease ,
    both a little more viscous that lithium grease.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3200 times
    Here is what you can expect to pay for the Duramax inline 6.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartandhp
    Kazimodo likes this.
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3775 times
    I’m interested in learning about this engine and all the thermal control systems. An aluminum block makes it suspect to me. Not that you can’t get reasonable long life out of the liners etc but if you want to tune & run more boost? Or if you get a coolant leak etc & overheat it aluminum can be very hard to maintain exact tolerances in critical places. Then you learn why they’re critical. The stronger lighter more wear resistant iron graphite that our ED and the brand new Cummins uses sounds way smarter to me. Some parts are worth the higher cost. Outside of the aluminum block everything sounds really good to me.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    The latest info that I have found regarding the GM inline 6.

Attachment 80408
    Curious to see if GM has to revise these numbers after they get the final EPA approval.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3775 times
    I suppose EPA approval & mileage rating could inspire GM to change its tune & in doing so its power claims. Never heard of such & don’t know the practical possibility of it.

277HP & 460TQ look good but I fear pressure increases from turning up the boost & the exponential growth of centrifugal force with increased RPM that a tune would bring with an aluminum block. Historically auto Mfgrs have struggled with aluminum blocks. GDE’s wheel dyno numbers extrapolated into equivalent Mfgr power ratings come in about 268HP 465TQ IE still competitive until the aftermarket gets a tune for the GM.

Fast Lane Trucks said Ford is finally starting to deal on the high trim leftover 2018 f150 diesels and now going to start offering them in XLT trims to the public so maybe we will start to see more of them hit the streets.
    lucskoj likes this.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    197 times
    One of the local Charlotte Ford dealers has an XL extended cab with the powerstroke on the lot. Thought it was a misprint until I opened the sticker. https://www.montgomeryfordlincoln.co...ource=cars.com

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1588 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
    One of the local Charlotte Ford dealers has an XL extended cab with the powerstroke on the lot. Thought it was a misprint until I opened the sticker. https://www.montgomeryfordlincoln.co...ource=cars.com
    If it was a crew cab 4x4 it would even be comparably priced to an ecodiesel lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links