TRUCKLA - Available Nowhere

This is a discussion on TRUCKLA - Available Nowhere within the Off Topic Lounge forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel - Off-Topic Lounge category; https://jalopnik.com/my-new-hero-is-...1835621405/amp...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TwoBobs
  • 1 Post By Juggernaught
  • 1 Post By Captainmal
  • 1 Post By Ram1
  • 1 Post By Captainmal

Thread: TRUCKLA - Available Nowhere

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6514 times

If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, 5'7" box, 3.55's, Air suspension
    Liked
    213 times
    Love it - kinda old school wrenching on a new school vehicle!

The commercial at the end of the story is perfect - a parody on car commercials but with footage of the actual vehicle. Awesome

Bob
    Captainmal likes this.
    2014 3.0 EcoDiesel, Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, Graphite Gray, Saddle Brown Leather, 5'7" Box w/ Ram Boxes, Factory bedliner, BakFlip F1 Cover, BedRug, Air Suspension, 3.55's, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Amp Research bumper step

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    I like how one of the commenters said it should be called the "E-Camino". Maybe if it was made by Chevy. I wonder what it's tow rating is since they decapitated part of the Tesla. Also reminds me of some old Top Gear episodes where they modified and "improved" vehicles. Her results are much better than Hammond, May and Clarkson's efforts.
    TwoBobs likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    6514 times
    Kind of reminded me of the old Mazda pickups. Think they had a Wankle engine or a small opposed one.They were relatively small but kind of "cute". Guessing also the Tesla is front-wheel drive. Better for off-road use.

Might be a market for them nowhere.
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Laramie, 355 Diff ,ARE Cap, pull me over first Red
    Liked
    538 times
    I love women who can who can do what is considered a "mans job". She does great work. Very smart woman, Very cool TRUCKLA. The truck that Elon Musk proposed looks like a POS.
    We should pray for her well being. We need more like her!
    TwoBobs likes this.
    Do not rule out working with your hands, but it does not preclude using your head.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Kind of reminded me of the old Mazda pickups. Think they had a Wankle engine or a small opposed one.
    Mazda produced the rotary.

The opposed--or boxer engine similar to what BMW Motorcycles employs--would have been the Subaru.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Kind of reminded me of the old Mazda pickups. Think they had a Wankle engine or a small opposed one.
    Mazda produced the rotary.

The opposed--or boxer engine similar to what BMW Motorcycles employs--would have been the Subaru.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    6514 times
    Really meant both. That Subaru Brat was the one I thought of. They still make an opposed cylinder design today. It was often a problem back when but seems successful today. BMW started that design back in the early 1920's on motorcycles. Actually before BMW was called BMW they marketed that kind of design for others to use. Believe FN also had an opposed design on a motorcycle before BMW. They looked like this.
    R6&Mal by Larry Malinoski, on Flickr

I have owned this BMW for decades. Still ride it on occasion, along with some others I still have. This one shows the opposed design and is a 1937 BMW R6. Only made this one year, Hitler had near all of the production set up with a sidecar ratio rear end and fitted for the African Corps. The production of just 800 or so was near totally destroyed. With those old side-valve cylinders out in the airstream, they ran much cooler than other designs. In an enclosed vehicle, not so much though Volkswagen did well with that design in the rear using just ports in the body and a fan of sorts.

The rotary was most always a problem and a failure. Guessing because the tips failed, sometimes so bad they trashed the engine. That design kind of disappeared and they never got it to run efficiently.
    btrotter88 likes this.

Sponsored Links