Motorcycle Loading Ramp

Motorcycle Loading Ramp

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Loading Ramp within the RAM 1500 Diesel Accessories forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Anyone have or would suggest any Motorcycle Loading Ramps for our trucks? Need to move my 08 Harley Street Glide to an alternate location and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Motorcycle Loading Ramp

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ED 1500 CC 5'7"bed, 3.55 diff, Mopar Side Steps Tubular Black, Truxedo Lo Profile QT Tonnea
    Liked
    46 times

Motorcycle Loading Ramp

Anyone have or would suggest any Motorcycle Loading Ramps for our trucks?

Need to move my 08 Harley Street Glide to an alternate location and not safe to ride it where I am going...

Let me know -- thanks guys for your continued input!
    -- 2014 ED 1500 CC 5'7"bed, 3.55 diff, Mopar Side Steps Tubular Black, Truxedo Lo Profile QT Tonnea Cover, aFe Momentum HD Pro 5R Stage-2 Intake System, ReadyLift 2" Front Leveling Suspension, PPEI 60 HP Race Tune, Flow Pro 3" Race Pipes, MBRP 2.5" Dual XP Series Filter-Back Exhaust System, Edge Insight CTS2, Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (275 60r20), Philps ZES LED Low Beams Lights & Fog Lights, LED Reverse lights, LED License plate lights, LED Cargo Light, LED All Interior Lighting

Member #
    Vehicle
    Yes
    Liked
    30 times
    My old standby involves backing up against a ditch or hill where you can roll straight onto the tailgate. Conventional ramps (like the ones I used to load my 4-wheeler) are sketchy as hell, especially with a heavier bike. Given the option, a small low-floor trailer is my preference.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie Limited
    Liked
    1 times
    I use a set of black widow ramps to load my bikes. The are strong, fold in half and fit inside truck backseat if want and vey secure when you hitch them to your hitch/chain attachment points. Link below

Black Widow Motorcycle Ramp Systems
    Diesel78 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram CC 4x4
    Liked
    197 times
    I can't speak from personal experience with a motorcycle ramp but I have used ATV ramps all the time. The Black Widow listed above looks like a good one. No matter which one you choose make sure it has lots of cross bars like the Black Widow for better footing. ATV ramps have wide spots that your foot would go straight through and you would have a very bad day if that happened.
    shawclan5 likes this.
    2014 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4 8spd, 3.92 EcoDiesel
    Hammerhead rear bumper sprayed with Linex | Iron Cross steps sprayed with Linex | Trucks cover tool box/Tonneau Cover combo | Geno's cabin filter
    275-65-20 Nitto Terra Grappler on Xtreme NX 6 | Bilstein 5100 front & back | Zone Offroad 4” lift and with Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Kit
    Green Billet Fuel Filler Cap | Timber Grove Air Bags | Dash Mat

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6855 times
    The biggest problem, even if you have the correct ramp, is the height above ground for the truck bed. Riding a Harley up a steep ramp is "shakey". You are not talking about a lightweight dirt bike. Then you have to deal with the clearance issue UNDER the motorcycle. Look under your bike. Just a few inches of clearance. Now run it up a steep ramp not contoured to go straight into the bed and you "roof" on the bottom.

Falling off from that kind of height is not "high" on my list. Even riding a quad up into a pickup bed is shakey. You are trending where I don't want to go and I know, oh how I know.

Get a small trailer.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie ED
    Liked
    235 times
    Lots ofvideos on youtube on how "not" to do it. I agree with previous post, use a ditch to your advantage if possible.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 2500 LIMITED MEGA CAB
    Liked
    169 times
    Cap's right. Borrow a trailer if you don't want or need one often. It's a much safer bet.
    CuzzinOlaf likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram DT 1500 5.7
    Liked
    167 times
    And then you have to worry about the tailgate holding all that weight. I vote for a trailer.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ED 1500 CC 5'7"bed, 3.55 diff, Mopar Side Steps Tubular Black, Truxedo Lo Profile QT Tonnea
    Liked
    46 times
    Looking for a trailer now gents. Thanks for the input
    -- 2014 ED 1500 CC 5'7"bed, 3.55 diff, Mopar Side Steps Tubular Black, Truxedo Lo Profile QT Tonnea Cover, aFe Momentum HD Pro 5R Stage-2 Intake System, ReadyLift 2" Front Leveling Suspension, PPEI 60 HP Race Tune, Flow Pro 3" Race Pipes, MBRP 2.5" Dual XP Series Filter-Back Exhaust System, Edge Insight CTS2, Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (275 60r20), Philps ZES LED Low Beams Lights & Fog Lights, LED Reverse lights, LED License plate lights, LED Cargo Light, LED All Interior Lighting

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 loanstar 4x4 ecodiesel
    Liked
    206 times
    I was going to suggest the trailer too as iv'e used ditches and ramps with my Harley's before and i never thought much about it till i had an accident i was extremely lucky i wasn't hurt and thankfully the bike wasn't hurt either !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links