Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!

Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!

This is a discussion on Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors! within the RAM 1500 Diesel Accessories forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I bent up my bumper and could not find a substitute that accommodated both the parking sensors/fog lights AND the factory air dam. I found ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!

  1. #1
    RAM Jr Member sefar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    52
    Member #
    14865
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited ecodiesel 1500
    Liked
    24 times

    Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!

    I bent up my bumper and could not find a substitute that accommodated both the parking sensors/fog lights AND the factory air dam. I found an OEM chrome but wanted a bull bar to try to keep from doing this again. Finally found one that looked good and also housed the front two parking sensors!

    It is made by APS, part number BB04WMJ44B. Amazon has it for about $223 with free shipping.
    97hmcs likes this.

  2. #2
    RAM Professional John Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    541
    Member #
    8400
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    378 times
    Glad you found what you wanted. I'm surprised that manufacturers still don't provide parking sensors on their accessories.
    *****-------------------------- I hate "politically correct" --- Tell it like it is --- Be truthful --------------------------*****

    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler

    Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

  3. #3
    RAM Diamond Member Captainmal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sundance (Wimauma), Florida
    Posts
    12,002
    Member #
    185
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6631 times
    Thought they were called brush guards. Thanks for the term "Bull Bar". Never found the exact one you mention on Amazon but was surprised at how inexpensive some were. Mostly they were under $150.

    Don't want no stinking' sensors for parking. Been parking for decades with my eyes and driving skills. It's the deer in Georgia that cross my mind, my sights and the path of my truck. Can't wait for my new truck right after hunting season this year. Gonna get one of those things if it does not obstruct the cooling system of the new model.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    RAM Professional John Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    541
    Member #
    8400
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Thought they were called brush guards. Thanks for the term "Bull Bar". Never found the exact one you mention on Amazon but was surprised at how inexpensive some were. Mostly they were under $150.

    Don't want no stinking' sensors for parking. Been parking for decades with my eyes and driving skills. It's the deer in Georgia that cross my mind, my sights and the path of my truck. Can't wait for my new truck right after hunting season this year. Gonna get one of those things if it does not obstruct the cooling system of the new model.
    Captain,
    I envy you getting a new one, a 2020 with the new Eco I hope.
    I would do the same but I've got too much invested in my 2016 to even think about getting rid of it.
    You might consider a Ranch Hand grill guard for the deer. I have one on my F350 and my Ram 1500.
    Cheers!
    Captainmal likes this.
    *****-------------------------- I hate "politically correct" --- Tell it like it is --- Be truthful --------------------------*****

    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler

    Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

  6. #5
    RAM Diamond Member Captainmal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sundance (Wimauma), Florida
    Posts
    12,002
    Member #
    185
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6631 times
    I'm ready today for the new one. Actually in three weeks the hunting modes starts in Georgia with food plots and tractor work. After that until late November, I will spend most of my life in Georgia. Even the wife likes to stay there weeks at a time, if I ride her around in the middle of the day on motorcycle.

    Doubt I will get another 2500. No real need as what I have tows my toy hauler OK. Well, not to my wife's desire but OK by me. Figuring it will be the Chevy or the Ecodiesel. Not interested in that "fan belt" Ford, even if they were affordable. I pay cash for my stuff and have enough for a new outfitted Tradesman. Then, after delivery, I will sell my current Ecodiesel outright. Reads silly but I do not have the ability to answer the phone while driving. Want a radio that will do that Bluetooth thing. Do have that with my Garmin GPS but the speaker sucks and I can't hear it plus I have to scream for others to hear me.

    Both Florida and Georgia have laws to keep phones out of your hand while operating. It's a total ban in Georgia so kind of an issue to me. A new truck will mean a new cap, fuel tank and all the radio gear I use. PIA really. Hope the new owner of mine appreciates how well it can run. Figure December on for a chance to order, find one and get a deal. No deal - wait until they "give them away" next Summer like they are right now.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

  7. #6
    RAM Professional John Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    541
    Member #
    8400
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    378 times
    Sounds like a good flexible, open ended plan.
    Chevy seems to be building a good truck but to me all the GM products are "Obama bailout" vehicles. I just can't get over what he did to the shareholders and taxpayers.
    97hmcs, 3DHawkeye and Captainmal like this.
    *****-------------------------- I hate "politically correct" --- Tell it like it is --- Be truthful --------------------------*****

    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler

    Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

  8. #7
    RAM Sr Member 3DHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    160
    Member #
    7326
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jensen View Post
    Sounds like a good flexible, open ended plan.
    Chevy seems to be building a good truck but to me all the GM products are "Obama bailout" vehicles. I just can't get over what he did to the shareholders and taxpayers.
    It seems our vehicles are 'bailout' vehicles too. Thanks for reminding us By the way sefar, glad you found a bull bar that fits your needs. Post a picture when you get it installed.


  9. #8
    RAM Silver Member howie12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,263
    Member #
    1600
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Thought they were called brush guards. Thanks for the term "Bull Bar". Never found the exact one you mention on Amazon but was surprised at how inexpensive some were. Mostly they were under $150.

    Don't want no stinking' sensors for parking. Been parking for decades with my eyes and driving skills. It's the deer in Georgia that cross my mind, my sights and the path of my truck. Can't wait for my new truck right after hunting season this year. Gonna get one of those things if it does not obstruct the cooling system of the new model.
    My 2 cents worth is there is a big difference between the real bull bars that I saw when I lived in Texas some years ago and what was then called a brush guard. A brush guard did what it said, swept the brusk out of the way on narrow trails and roads and the occasional tumble weed. No way a brush guard would protect the truck if you hit a 150 lb deer at 50 mph. It will just give you more to repair and replace. If you want something to protect you from that it needs to be substantially strong and have good mounting points and some space between it and the body work so if it bends a bit it doesn't damage the body work. I expect you understand this but imho it isn't something to be bought sight unseen on the internet.

    On a separate note Cap, you said you will sell your truck outright. I thought about that too but when I got the best trade in offer from the dealer coupled with the fact that the value of the trade in reduces the state sales tax that needs to be paid I didn't think I could sell it for more and trading was less hassle. The dealer I will order my truck from later this week gave me a trade in offer that is good until the new truck arrives as long as I put on less than 1000 mi in the interim and it is in the same relative condition when the new one comes in.\

    All the best,
    Kazimodo and Captainmal like this.

  10. #9
    RAM Bronze Member Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    2,780
    Member #
    6985
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1314 times
    What , no links to click on , to admire the thing ??
    ..
    Is this it ??https://www.samsmotorsports.com/aps-bb04wmj44b
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!-bb04wmj44b.jpg   Found a bull bar that will accommodate my parking sensors!-bb04wmj44b-1.jpg  

  11. #10
    RAM Diamond Member Captainmal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sundance (Wimauma), Florida
    Posts
    12,002
    Member #
    185
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6631 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    My 2 cents worth is there is a big difference between the real bull bars that I saw when I lived in Texas some years ago and what was then called a brush guard. A brush guard did what it said, swept the brusk out of the way on narrow trails and roads and the occasional tumble weed. No way a brush guard would protect the truck if you hit a 150 lb deer at 50 mph. It will just give you more to repair and replace. If you want something to protect you from that it needs to be substantially strong and have good mounting points and some space between it and the body work so if it bends a bit it doesn't damage the body work. I expect you understand this but imho it isn't something to be bought sight unseen on the internet.

    On a separate note Cap, you said you will sell your truck outright. I thought about that too but when I got the best trade in offer from the dealer coupled with the fact that the value of the trade in reduces the state sales tax that needs to be paid I didn't think I could sell it for more and trading was less hassle. The dealer I will order my truck from later this week gave me a trade in offer that is good until the new truck arrives as long as I put on less than 1000 mi in the interim and it is in the same relative condition when the new one comes in.\

    All the best,
    Back maybe a year or two ago, before my wife got into the the battle with cancer and has no won, I got a trade on mine for a new 2500 Cummins. Granted I only went to one dealer but did check that Kelly book pricing thing. $15,000. That was when it had far, far less fuel mileage and we were planning on buying a much larger toy hauler. While we were at a toy hauler dealer she got a call from Moffet Cancer Center to come in for testing. We left that RV dealer and never got back. I never got back to the Ram dealer either. That was really a couple years ago. I thought the Ram dealer's pricing was hideously insulting against the near MSRP pricing of the new vehicle. Laughable at best, that sales manager even seemed apologetic doing it.

    Figure I can negotiate maybe 15% off MSRP on one of the new models when they come out. More if I wait until the novelty wears off later next year. Mine should still be worth that same dollar value or close even with the high mileage I have now. With hunting season coming I expect to put a lot more on my truck

    My take today is that to trade to a dealer that needs to re-sell at a significant profit is not reasonable. Sure the tax value of the trade, say 7% or so, is around a grand or slightly more in tax savings. Back then I could have sold mine for near 20 grand, way more than that tax savings.

    Looks, features and maintenance/tune are more important on the open market than in a dealer lot.

    *** We have obscenely changed and taken over Sefar's topic of a "bull bar". My fault. Enough of this trade stuff. I still want a bull bar for the next truck. Deer abound in Georgia and I already have hit two with my old 2500 and another with a borrowed 2500. Two friends also smashed big time up there in the rut of November when the deer are crazy in love.
    EZmac91 likes this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •