Thoughts on emblems?

Thoughts on emblems?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on emblems? within the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; Hey all. I'm wondering what all of you think about my options for the truck. I recently replaced the tailgate emblem on my '16 Limited ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Thoughts on emblems?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    5 times

Thoughts on emblems?

Hey all. I'm wondering what all of you think about my options for the truck. I recently replaced the tailgate emblem on my '16 Limited to the paint matched one and really like the way it looks now vs the chrome billboard. I ordered a small roll of black metallic vinyl wrap to work on my left over emblems but now I wonder how I want to proceed. I'm thinking of these options:

1. Install wrap on the letters only on the Limited emblems (rear and sides), the "ram 1500", and grille emblem
    2. Install wrap on Limited emblems completely, "ram 1500" and grill emblem
    3. Install wrap on Limited emblems and cut out letters, "ram 1500", and grille emblem

So there we have it. I found a company on amazon that sells vinyl overlays but I don't think they have one that will match as well as the wrap another member used. Plus they don't completely cover the emblem.

RAM Jr Member SlowrTrfcKeepRght's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel 4x4
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Towserdog View Post
    Hey all. I'm wondering what all of you think about my options for the truck. I recently replaced the tailgate emblem on my '16 Limited to the paint matched one and really like the way it looks now vs the chrome billboard. I ordered a small roll of black metallic vinyl wrap to work on my left over emblems but now I wonder how I want to proceed. I'm thinking of these options:

1. Install wrap on the letters only on the Limited emblems (rear and sides), the "ram 1500", and grille emblem
    2. Install wrap on Limited emblems completely, "ram 1500" and grill emblem
    3. Install wrap on Limited emblems and cut out letters, "ram 1500", and grille emblem

So there we have it. I found a company on amazon that sells vinyl overlays but I don't think they have one that will match as well as the wrap another member used. Plus they don't completely cover the emblem.
    Dude, pictures man! Show us what you've done already. Then maybe what you want...

I'm looking into vinyl wrapping my logos. I've only played a bit with the wrap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    5 times
    I know. I had to edit the one I have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    SlowrTrfcKeepRght likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    5 times
    Here's what I got done this morning. I'll have to do a little more trimming but for my first attempt I think it's pretty good.

Member #
    I honestly hate how the Ram emblems are so “in your face” I like what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Towserdog View Post
    I know. I had to edit the one I have.

I like the retro look of the tailgate as you have done it. For years when the tailgates were single skin in the middle Dodge pickups had Dodge embossed into the center panel of the tailgate and painted whatever color the truck was. This was probably from the mid thirties to the early/mid 60s.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie ED 4x4 CCSB
    Liked
    25 times
    Agreed. I think you've already blacked out enough that it looks classy with the remaining chrome.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the input and compliments guys. I did add a little more wrap the yesterday and today. Decided to tone down the emblems on the sides. What I like is that they tie in with the rest of them being paint matched and the ecodiesel emblem stands out a little more. Let me know what you think!

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1428 times
    Some of you folks must lead a truly blessed life or got your priorities all out of whack if emblems is what concerns you.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited CCSB
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Some of you folks must lead a truly blessed life or got your priorities all out of whack if emblems is what concerns you.
    Blessed? I mean I feel like I got it better than most. I typically have an hour and a half to kill before work so a little tinkering is something to kill the time when I don't feel like working out. I've always changed my vehicles appearance a little so it's normal to me.

If you're happy with your emblems I fail to see why commenting on why I want to change mine means my priorities are out of whack.

GRIFF4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links