Floor mats for carpet delete floor?

This is a discussion on Floor mats for carpet delete floor? within the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; I am receiving my new company work truck and it has the carpet delete option. My question is has anyone found a decent floor mat ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

I am receiving my new company work truck and it has the carpet delete option. My question is has anyone found a decent floor mat that won't just slide around?

dub
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Big Horn, CC, 6'4"bed
    Liked
    272 times
    Aren't the point of floor mats to protect the factory installed carpet underneath? So if you don't have carpet, what's the point of having floor mats?

Member #
    This being my work truck it sees a lot of mud, and I don't want to wear through the rubber floor. I'll figure something out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 Ram Laramie EcoDiesel - Maximum Steel, Crew Cab, 5'7" box, 4WD, 3.55 Gears, AirLift 1000s.
    Liked
    49 times
    Do they still have the floor mat hooks with the carpet delete? I have Weathertech liners in my truck and they are held in place by the hooks. If hooks were present, I would think those in conjunction with the friction between the rubber floor and liner would hold them in place.

The exact fit of the digital liners would also help with them not moving around.
    14 Laramie EcoDiesel - Maximum Steel, CCSB, 4WD, 3.55 Gears, Edge Insight CTS, AirLift 1000s, GDE Hot, Flo Pro Delete.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 509diesel View Post
    Do they still have the floor mat hooks with the carpet delete? I have Weathertech liners in my truck and they are held in place by the hooks. If hooks were present, I would think those in conjunction with the friction between the rubber floor and liner would hold them in place.

The exact fit of the digital liners would also help with them not moving around.
    No hooks, other wise your right,

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6256 times
    Digression. The carpet delete would be nicer if there's wasn't a small lip at the door edge. I had two without carpet that you could actually put a hose in and wash out the mud. They were both GM trucks. Can't do that today.

How about a rug floor mat? Instead of a mat over the rug, put a rug over the mat. That might soak up the wet instead of puddling up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Digression. The carpet delete would be nicer if there's wasn't a small lip at the door edge. I had two without carpet that you could actually put a hose in and wash out the mud. They were both GM trucks. Can't do that today.

How about a rug floor mat? Instead of a mat over the rug, put a rug over the mat. That might soak up the wet instead of puddling up.
    Thought about that, but it would still slid around. I think ill just have to find a way to fasten down a pair of weather techs or something.

Member #
    Vehicle
    4X4 2015 ED Outdoorsman CC ordered 8/12/14. Plan B 2014 Laramie ED CC 4X4 purchased 11/1/14.
    Liked
    2880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Jeff View Post
    Thought about that, but it would still slid around. I think ill just have to find a way to fasten down a pair of weather techs or something.
    Velcro...

Member #
    Vehicle
    none yet
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMerleBC View Post
    Velcro...
    Tried that. Even with large amounts of the heavy-duty stuff, as soon as it gets warm out (especially here in the desert), the glue lets go.

That, and the glue on the velcro is a ring-tailed [female dog] to get off the rubberized floor material after it has let go.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6256 times
    Second the glue issue. I have that stuff all over my dash from using velcro to hold radar detectors and other stupid electronic junk I "need".

There are non-slip pads for pots you might be able to just throw on the floor. Then put the rug mat on top. I have some on the dash of my boat that hold cell phones and junk people lay there. They work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links