Battle of the 3.0L Diesels - Page 8

Battle of the 3.0L Diesels

This is a discussion on Battle of the 3.0L Diesels within the RAM 1500 Diesel Battlefield forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Heh - get off GM's butt. There may be nothing coming from GM anyhow. The unions are raising cain and threatening strikes. You think the ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Battle of the 3.0L Diesels

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6840 times
    Heh - get off GM's butt. There may be nothing coming from GM anyhow.

The unions are raising cain and threatening strikes. You think the price of vehicles is high? Well if the GM workers greedy get more money that money will come from you, the buyer. Then it will also spark a reaction from other auto workers and things will execrate all up the line for all brands. Here I am stuck on a 1999 pension that two decades later is still the same dollar figure. GM was bailed out by the government. Now those government workers want more than they already are getting.

The motor with the belt may be getting the belt outta here.
    Patroller8D likes this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    I've seen reports that the new GM baby diesel has been delayed due to a shortage of unobtainium, needed for the manufacture of the muffler bearings.

In related news, GM is planning a promotion for the launch. It plans to include a unicorn and a year's supply of fairy-dust-infused DEF with each unit sold in hopes of assuaging buyer unhappiness over the delays.
    Patroller8D likes this.
    Doug Dickerson
    "We have not inherited the Earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children."

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    What happens if you set the A/C to manual control, fan speed 5 and turn the recirculation on? See what the vent air temp is coming out. When you turn it back to ATC, make note of changes in airflow and temperature.
    Being these truck use a three-way to direct coolant through the heater core or the transmission heater, I'm guessing that valve it's being commanded fully or it's leaching by. FCA has had ongoing issues with this style valve. Someone pinched off one of the lines going to the heater core with good results.
    The inaccurate readings of the outside temp can be explained by the fact that sensor is in the driver's side mirror. Unless air is flowing over the mirror, it's going to read high when in sunlight.
    As many owners will contest, it's a sad affair to have to resort to a backyard hack a/c fix of clamps and valves on a $60k vehicle while at the same time losing ability to heat/defrost. But the hack works. There are other new body a/c issues and quirks though.

There's a few theories on the a/c performance issue. One is an electronic controlled hot water valve on the previous gen 1500 was eliminated on the new body 1500. Another is the new coolant isn't as effective or FCA didn't design, integrate, and test it well. Another is the a/c and hot air blender control isn't working properly. It's a mess for the summer.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've never had a vehicle's outside air temp sensor/display consistently incorrect outside temperatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Here's one without the goofy questions by a know nothing reviewer or need of an interpreter.

Captainmal likes this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1565 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ram19 View Post
    Here's one without the goofy questions by a know nothing reviewer or need of an interpreter.

Interesting, first I have heard of it in this video that the 2020 ram is drawing EGR from after the DPF to eliminate soot in the intake and increase turbo efficiency.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6840 times
    Seen it before but a good reminder that knowledgable people speak in a frank and clear manner. Some of the testers do "impressions". That's often opinions based on their particular experiences.

Those tests remind me of the "Blind Men and the Elephant". We get too much of that on some of these test videos. This is not so much a test but simple statements of knowledge.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    22 times
    Can you tell me how many miles you ran your truck stock before you added the GDE tune. My truck has 37k on it. I just got smart myself and yesterday I shipped my stock ECM to GDE to have the engine tune installed on it . I considered the ECM exchange program or buying a spare ECM for warranty repair but decided against it, After I pulled the stock ECM out of the truck I found out that the ECM has a serial number on it. So I just shipped my stock ECM to GDE and I will take my chance that the dealer can't tell the difference if the truck needs warranty work. I have been told that the GDE tuned ECM is undetectable. I look forward to your responds.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome11 View Post
    Can you tell me how many miles you ran your truck stock before you added the GDE tune. My truck has 37k on it. I just got smart myself and yesterday I shipped my stock ECM to GDE to have the engine tune installed on it . I considered the ECM exchange program or buying a spare ECM for warranty repair but decided against it, After I pulled the stock ECM out of the truck I found out that the ECM has a serial number on it. So I just shipped my stock ECM to GDE and I will take my chance that the dealer can't tell the difference if the truck needs warranty work. I have been told that the GDE tuned ECM is undetectable. I look forward to your responds.
    Bottomline is if the dealer is looking for a tune they WILL find it. Most dealers wont care to look for a tune anyways. But benifits of this tune smokes any risks you are taking. Chances are truck wont ever need a dealer for engine/emission work anyways once tuned.
    Captainmal likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6840 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome11 View Post
    With tens of thousands out there, no warranty issues have been reported here.

How many miles? Not a single more that what you have right now. Change it. some have gone way over 50K miles and made the change with nothing but praise following that change. Just do it!

Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Hi: All... When buying another vehicle it always comes down to one factor for me. Emma Chizit. She's the most important one!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links