Offroad Build - Page 5

Offroad Build

This is a discussion on Offroad Build within the RAM 1500 Diesel Builds forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by IIIOIISTER It's taken care of brother. Attachment 75846 Flat bed mount by Wilco Offroad. I'm considering purchasing a ED and sure like ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Offroad Build

  1. #41
    RAM Rookie Chaplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    37568
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIOIISTER View Post
    It's taken care of brother.

    Attachment 75846

    Flat bed mount by Wilco Offroad.
    I'm considering purchasing a ED and sure like the way you have set yours up. I just need a bed for loading bikes and when the Mrs finds furniture she cant live without haha. Anyway if you ever make it out to a race let me know I'd like to see yours.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    RAM Rookie jeff5280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    15
    Member #
    33361
    Vehicle
    2017 ED Tradesman
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIOIISTER View Post
    Just installed Addictive Desert Designs Lite bumper, waiting on 30" Baja Designs light bar.

    Attachment 75328
    Attachment 75330
    Dude! I am jelly. I called ADD about this bumper for my ED and they said that it wont fit. Now that I do see it does! I am for sure going to order. Did MPG drop after install because of aerodynamics or have you noticed?

  3. #43
    RAM Jr Member IIIOIISTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    45
    Member #
    32865
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff5280 View Post
    Dude! I am jelly. I called ADD about this bumper for my ED and they said that it wont fit. Now that I do see it does! I am for sure going to order. Did MPG drop after install because of aerodynamics or have you noticed?
    Zero change to MPG or aero. The stock bumper probably weights around 40 pounds and the ADD Lite (w/hoop) weights around 80 pounds; this is a negligible weight difference for a truck that weighs damn near 6,000 pounds to begin with.
    2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel w/3.92 axle ratio

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    RAM Rookie Chaplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    37568
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    I'm considering purchasing a ED and sure like the way you have set yours up. I just need a bed for loading bikes and when the Mrs finds furniture she cant live without haha. Anyway if you ever make it out to a race let me know I'd like to see yours.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    So did you put the spare in the bed by choice or does the 315 hit the diff when mounted underneath.

    ***Guess I just quoted myself. Lame.

  6. #45
    RAM Jr Member IIIOIISTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    45
    Member #
    32865
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    So did you put the spare in the bed by choice or does the 315 hit the diff when mounted underneath.

    ***Guess I just quoted myself. Lame.
    I didn't really mess around with fitting the 35" in the original location. I got the bed mount because 1) it is way more secure than the OEM spare tire location, and 2) it looked way cooler .
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel w/3.92 axle ratio

  7. #46
    RAM Jr Member IIIOIISTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    45
    Member #
    32865
    Liked
    20 times
    Just got them Fiberwerx front fenders (3" bulge, 1.5" rise) color-matched. Skipping the bedsides for now as my parking spot in my complex isn't wide enough...

    Offroad Build-img_2944.jpeg
    Offroad Build-img_2943.jpeg
    2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel w/3.92 axle ratio

  8. #47
    RAM Regular SavagePatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    387
    Member #
    19249
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIOIISTER View Post
    Just got them Fiberwerx front fenders (3" bulge, 1.5" rise) color-matched. Skipping the bedsides for now as my parking spot in my complex isn't wide enough...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2944.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	76440
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2943.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	76442
    Wow, looks great!

    After getting them painted did you install them yourself?

    Mind sharing pricing or a link?
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

  9. #48
    RAM Jr Member IIIOIISTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    45
    Member #
    32865
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePatch View Post
    Wow, looks great!

    After getting them painted did you install them yourself?

    Mind sharing pricing or a link?
    I installed them first, then took the truck to Fiberwerx, who refitted the fenders (trimming, flattening, bending etc.) before painting them.
    Last edited by IIIOIISTER; 11-07-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel w/3.92 axle ratio

  10. #49
    RAM Jr Member Taz_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    34
    Member #
    31481
    Vehicle
    2017 Big Horn CC 5'7"
    Liked
    11 times
    Jealous of your setup... King 2.5s, Fiberwerx, prerunner bumper... literally all on (one of) my dream truck builds. Ecodiesel trophy truck??
    2017 GCM Crew Cab Short Bed | WeatherTech Floor Liners | WeatherTech Mud Flaps | Billet Fuel Cap | OBD Fusion | BakFlip MX4 | BedRug | AMP Bed X-Tender HD Max | AMP PowerSteps


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Build portion of Build and Price for 2019s now up on ramtrucks.com
    By howie12 in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2018, 06:11 PM
  2. Brake pedal rattling over bumps/offroad
    By smon in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 09:45 AM
  3. For you offroad campers
    By howie12 in forum Off Topic Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 02:26 PM
  4. ECO DSL BUILD, REGULAR CAB WORK TRUCK- Budget Build
    By ECO DSL in forum RAM 1500 Diesel Builds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM
  5. offroad 4x4; is there a trick to get the computer out of the equation?
    By steiny93 in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-19-2016, 06:13 AM

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.