DPF delete kits

DPF delete kits

This is a discussion on DPF delete kits within the RAM 1500 Diesel Builds forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Looking for recommendations for DPF delete kit suggestions. Anyone had good results from a particular brand? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DPF delete kits

Member #
    Liked
    24 times

DPF delete kits

Looking for recommendations for DPF delete kit suggestions. Anyone had good results from a particular brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    350 times
    Couple outfits in Canada that I've looked at, pricing looks good. T&S Speed and <blackhazeworkshop.com. I'll probably wait until my DPF acts up. I believe the stock DPF is designed for 150,000- 200,000 miles, maybe more. Also, if you get the GDE offroad tune and delete the DPF, can't see why you couldn't either gut out the DPF or just cut off and put a straight pipe in.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1672 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robertburris80 View Post
    Looking for recommendations for DPF delete kit suggestions. Anyone had good results from a particular brand?
    Where are you located?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Where are you located?
    Arizona

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1672 times
    The FloPro kit would work, but hard to beat custom stainless. I'll go stainless if I ever delete.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 BigHorn EcoD
    Liked
    1 times
    anyone willing to use a Glasspack on a delete...I mean it's been done...lol
    2015 BigHorn EcoDiesel

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    If you have the GDE Hot Tune I thought there isn't any benefits to delet the DPF system unless you have a problem with the DPF or DEF system. Plus isn't most all of that stuff related to it covered under the extended AEM warranty. Do you forfeit the AEM warranty by removing it ?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    The Hot Tune gets your EGR turned off but you're still using the DPF and regening, and using the SCR and DEF (though this may be able to be shut off now?)

Going Offroad Tune doesn't get you any peformance benefits above the Hot Tune, but you get the benefit of removing the emissions junk that historically on diesels have been problematic.

It reads like most ppl are waiting to do the AEM update, take the money, and then tune/delete anyhow so the warranty that comes with the update is moot.
    2017 Laramie, Crew Cab, 4x4

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFF4 View Post
    If you have the GDE Hot Tune I thought there isn't any benefits to delet the DPF system unless you have a problem with the DPF or DEF system. Plus isn't most all of that stuff related to it covered under the extended AEM warranty. Do you forfeit the AEM warranty by removing it ?
    The DPF is garbage. It creates unnecessary back pressure, and robs horsepower from an already choked engine. The difference I saw after the delete is substantial. Also, didn’t do just the Hot Tune. Gotta do the off-road tune if you want to electronically delete the DPF.

GRIFF4 and Riflesmith like this.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D94R View Post
    The Hot Tune gets your EGR turned off but you're still using the DPF and regening, and using the SCR and DEF (though this may be able to be shut off now?)

Going Offroad Tune doesn't get you any peformance benefits above the Hot Tune, but you get the benefit of removing the emissions junk that historically on diesels have been problematic.

It reads like most ppl are waiting to do the AEM update, take the money, and then tune/delete anyhow so the warranty that comes with the update is moot.
    The performance difference is there after deleting the SCR and DPF. The backpressure is gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links