4" Lift - CV Shafts gone

4" Lift - CV Shafts gone

This is a discussion on 4" Lift - CV Shafts gone within the RAM 1500 Diesel Builds forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I recently purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel with a 4' Rough Country lift. Been noticing a hum in the front when driving. Had ...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel

4" Lift - CV Shafts gone

I recently purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel with a 4' Rough Country lift.

Been noticing a hum in the front when driving. Had it checked and both CV shafts are gone in the front. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to stop it from happening again?[/B]

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1529 times
    Welcome to the forum.

How many miles on your truck?

Does your lift kit lower the front differential as well as include longer steering knuckles?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HoochRam View Post
    I recently purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel with a 4' Rough Country lift.

Been noticing a hum in the front when driving. Had it checked and both CV shafts are gone in the front. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to stop it from happening again?[/B]
    Could you also upload pics of your lift and wear on the cv shafts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Hope the last owner did not use DODGE rough country 4 in lifter struts only , that to much angle on the CV joints also are the upper a arms stock cheap stamp steel ?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie Limited
    Liked
    43 times
    I have about 75K miles on my 4" lift 132K total. No problems yet,,,but I have BDS lift. That said..I wouldnt expect to install a 4" lift and not have some issues sooner than a 100% stock truck. that sort of comes with the territory. On the other hand, at least on my kit..the parts were much more HD than stock.
    BDS 4" lift for Air Ride, LineX Grill, Rear Bumper, ADD Front Bumper, Fuel Vector 20", Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50, EBC Stage 5 brakes, Rigid Dually 2x2 Amber Floods, Husky mud flaps

Sponsored Links